Exhaust Systems

I know there has been a few threads about the full systems and everything else but i had my car up on a ramp last night (mates garage) and we had a look at where all the noise goes. So we disconnected the back box from the middle silencer and WOW!!! much much more noise, he also said it will be the easiest thing to change as its a straight swap no cutting or welding.

So my question is does anyone know of any good backboxes already produced for the MK2 vRS that i can buy off the shelf ?

Thanks

Rob

I had a Catback done on my Fiesta ST and really regretted it to be honest. Yes, it did pop 'n' gurgle on the overun and sounded great, but since I do a fair few miles on the motorway, the constant boom & drone did my head in !

I ended up soundproofing the whole rear of the car, but it ruined the car for me.

I guess there's an argument to test someone elses first. It was a Miltek system by the way.

Maybe I'm just getting old ?

Spoke to revo cant just buy the back box and pipe leading to the middle silencer, have to buy the cat-back at £550 ish :'(

Problem is i want a back box that looks like the standard one not some massive boy racer baked bean can... and there is only a select few companies that are even make the whole system for the car :/

Thanks jonny, i have thought about that but if i just change the back box and it makes it sounds better from the back end they i will be happy and as its only a back box i can always change it back to standard.

I had a Catback done on my Fiesta ST and really regretted it to be honest. Yes, it did pop 'n' gurgle on the overun and sounded great, but since I do a fair few miles on the motorway, the constant boom & drone did my head in !

I ended up soundproofing the whole rear of the car, but it ruined the car for me.

I guess there's an argument to test someone elses first. It was a Miltek system by the way.

Maybe I'm just getting old ?

Thought exactly the same when i did the exhaust on the Octavia.

initially fitted a larger downpipe which made the exhaust not alot deeper, and it was perfect, then for no reason at all, i bought the cat back as well, and hated it. I ended up driving slower everywhere because i was always aware of how loud it was everytime i planted my foot.

Im pretty sure every copper in a 3 mile radius new it was me.

Spoke to revo cant just buy the back box and pipe leading to the middle silencer, have to buy the cat-back at £550 ish :'(

Problem is i want a back box that looks like the standard one not some massive boy racer baked bean can... and there is only a select few companies that are even make the whole system for the car :/

Thanks jonny, i have thought about that but if i just change the back box and it makes it sounds better from the back end they i will be happy and as its only a back box i can always change it back to standard.

That's ex vat too so will be £650+ :(

Speak with powerflow mate, can decide on the tone and the TAILPIPE :thumbup:

Thats a fair trek Where about are they based? Theres absloutly nothiang near me that i could lend my car to for R&D.... Come on tuners get up here scotland needs souped up cars for haggis hunting

Surely any 2.5 inch inlet back box / muffler / silencer would fit if you got it the correct gasket fitting on it?

Jetex do a fair few "universal" back boxes as do many other companies.

I think you should get a huge 7 inch cannon just for a laugh.

I thought Stu_mcl had taken out the middle silencer if im not imagining it, im sure he will be along to correct me. How did that sound? This seems likes the obvious answer to me as it should a) give slightly more noise, B) should be cheaper than a new back box or cat back syste, and c) retains the orignal look of the exhaust as all the modifications are under the car out of sight

I would also like that if its not too much trouble seriously considering getting it done as it seems to suit what i want perfectly

How is it cruising on the motorway etc, does it drone at all?