FK Exhaust

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

German is written in a dodgy order so possibly the case its just directly translated?

I also found this funny and had to read it several times, at first I thought I needed to go to spec savers or go to sleep then I realised Google translated the page!! :wonder:

Not sure if that exhasut for 150 euro is full stainless though. It states Stainless, but i bet it is not the full system. The quality looks not so good also.

Cheap is normally cheap for a reason.

Hope I am wrong

Not sure if that exhasut for 150 euro is full stainless though. It states Stainless, but i bet it is not the full system. The quality looks not so good also.

Cheap is normally cheap for a reason.

Hope I am wrong

The picture is for illustration purposes only I already asked that! I understand the attached image is similar to the exhaust that I have bought!! well that`s what I was told.

"Cheap is normally cheap for a reason". Not necessarily I was discussing this with a friend the other day who is into his racing, he is aware of a company that produces coilovers that retail around £1000.00 however this company also has a sister company that sells coilovers (granted they are around 10% less in quality) but they retail around £300.00. Company`s are wising up to market conditions and customers demands, not everyone wants to spend top dollar, so they introduce a new company or re-brand an existing company and appeal to that market therefore attracting more customers and increasing their profits without damaging the reputation or prestige name of the main company or group.

Sound familiar? ;)

post-83182-0-94102900-1327185783_thumb.jpg

The picture is for illustration purposes only I already asked that! I understand the attached image is similar to the exhaust that I have bought!! well that`s what I was told.

"Cheap is normally cheap for a reason". Not necessarily I was discussing this with a friend the other day who is into his racing, he is aware of a company that produces coilovers that retail around £1000.00 however this company also has a sister company that sells coilovers (granted they are around 10% less in quality) but they retail around £300.00. Company`s are wising up to market conditions and customers demands, not everyone wants to spend top dollar, so they introduce a new company or re-brand an existing company and appeal to that market therefore attracting more customers and increasing their profits without damaging the reputation or prestige name of the main company or group.

Sound familiar? ;)

fair point buddy

I did say "normally" and i stand by that on previous experience and also knowing folks in the trade.

I also agree with you that indeed a establish company using partner companies or new start up company rebranding their existing product to capitalise new business.

Also a lot of companies use this "retail at" price and you can have it for xxxxxx , when you never see the retial price ever matching that first quoted price. :thumbup:

fair point buddy

I did say "normally" and i stand by that on previous experience and also knowing folks in the trade.

I also agree with you that indeed a establish company using partner companies or new start up company rebranding their existing product to capitalise new business.

Also a lot of companies use this "retail at" price and you can have it for xxxxxx , when you never see the retial price ever matching that first quoted price. :thumbup:

I wasn't having ago, and agree normally "buy cheap by twice" but I think times are also changing with the market conditions and company`s have no choice but to adapt to survive "Survival of the fittest CD" Lol I just hope to god my theory is right otherwise wont I look silly :S :D

I have pondered :wonder: long and hard on this one and tried :nerd: researching FK via other forums :peek: it would appear that quite a few of the VW guys rate them and their other products. So that`s what made my mind up.

Updated I just found this from Google search:

FK Exhausts

Exhaust > FK > FK Exhausts

We are proud to offer this superb range of stainless steel performance exhaust systems and rear boxes from FK Automotive in Germany. We are FK’s largest distributer in the UK and can offer some amazing deals and discounts on this superb range.

FK Automotive stainless steel exhausts have been designed in group ‘a’ specification which means, superior design and quality together with high levels of performance. All exhausts are expertly seam welded and designed ‘on car’ for that perfect fit.

All FK Automotive performance exhausts have been manufactured from high grade T-304 stainless steel, hand polished and performance tested. Most of the exhausts are manufactured from 63.5mm stainless steel tubing providing low back pressure with increased performance.

FK Automotive are one of the largest suppliers of performance exhaust systems in Germany! FK stainless steel exhausts offer style, performance, great quality and a super sporty sound. All systems and rear boxes are road legal, and come with a lifetime warranty.

There are 3 great tailpipe choices to choose from:

A - 70x140mm DTM

B - Twin 76mm Round DTM

C - Twin 90mm Round

Why buy an FK Automotive?

Superb build quality

Good power gains

Sweet, crisp sounding exhaust note

Group ‘a’ spec 63.5mm bore tubing

Fitting kit included

Lifetime warranty

Superb fit

German TUV quality approved

Mate, Even if it's ****e I doubt you'd replace the standard back box for that much!

I wonder what the lifetime guarantee warrants though.

Is that your actual exhaust in the pictures there, or just a general picture?

To be fair tuning parts for 1.8T platform cars are next to extortionate.. exhaust systems, induction kits, fmics etc. Good to see what looks like quality stuff at an actual reasonable price. Can't warrant spending £800 on a miltek when my car is worth 3k at best.

Or maybe i've just been spoilt with cheap french cars in the past? lol

Edited by Lew_VRS

I wasn't having ago, and agree normally "buy cheap by twice" but I think times are also changing with the market conditions and company`s have no choice but to adapt to survive "Survival of the fittest CD" Lol I just hope to god my theory is right otherwise wont I look silly :S :D

I have pondered :wonder: long and hard on this one and tried :nerd: researching FK via other forums :peek: it would appear that quite a few of the VW guys rate them and their other products. So that`s what made my mind up.

Hey buddy, no offensive taken at all :thumbup:

It is good to get discussion.

As Stated FK do good suspension and there coilover various ranges are very popular on the Golf's.

So worth giving it a punt.

I had given up hope of seeing the Exhaust this week, but at 5.00pm Ding Dong DHL, "Hello David" he said I was thinking how does he know me? then I worked it out its on the box and paperwork he is delivering!! Right below are some quick pictures as I am off for an appointment at Hospital. My first thought are they look great!!! Well made too. I am made up with the looks and the welds seem good, although I am no welder. So see you all when I get back.

post-83182-0-18256900-1327684816_thumb.jpg

post-83182-0-19138000-1327684837_thumb.jpg

post-83182-0-89823900-1327684856_thumb.jpg

post-83182-0-30417100-1327684884_thumb.jpg

post-83182-0-10768800-1327684901_thumb.jpg

first looks, i am impressed the look, quality of welds and finish is as good as if not better than most systems i have seen .

top marks if this fits and sounds like it looks you are a winner...

Well Exhaust is on :( :( :( HAHA only kidding :rofl: I wont lie to you all it didn't look easy the guys pushed pulled twisted for around 2 hours. Although he did say all exhausts are a pain the arse, and he has had others that where harder. Its not sitting quite right at the moment needs moving over and twisting to the right only mm though. I think the garage wanted to close and the lads get off for the Liverpool vs Man United match, so they said they will sort it next week. They said let it coke up a little and then they will heat it up and just make the last little twist.

As you all know I was quite nervous as I didn't want a booming noise, well nothing to worry about it turns out :p :) Sounds great just what I was looking for a nice little burble on tick over, when your driving on the motorway no drone. Driving normally just a little rumble but open her up and there is a nice howl from the back. The only thing I would say is I have picked up a strange whistle under hard acceleration, my friend has looked at it and things it could be to do with the changes of back pressure to be honest it sound quite good.

I have to say when driving it back from the garage it felt fast very fast, I dont think it was in my mind due to the changes in sound it really went for it. I thought maybe the Remap, Forge 007, K&N Filter, have all come together with the addition of the back box. The advert did say though great gains in performance and it didn't lie. I took it to the old owner who took it out, I didn't say what I thought about it being faster but funny enough he said to me "when I had it, it was fast but not this fast or responsive) so its not just me then.

I will post little of vid in the coming days,

But to finish for £150.00 I am amazed and very very happy. It cost £50.00 fitting so a total of £200.00 is a true bargain. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with this item. :)

As you all know I was quite nervous as I didn't want a booming noise, well nothing to worry about it turns out :p :) Sounds great just what I was looking for a nice little burble on tick over, when your driving on the motorway no drone. Driving normally just a little rumble but open her up and there is a nice howl from the back. The only thing I would say is I have picked up a strange whistle under hard acceleration, my friend has looked at it and things it could be to do with the changes of back pressure to be honest it sound quite good.

I have to say when driving it back from the garage it felt fast very fast, I dont think it was in my mind due to the changes in sound it really went for it.

when i had my exhaust done i have also picked up this whistling sound but it was doing it with the standard exhaust just was quieter but doesnt worry me. i had a custom exhaust done without the sliencer in the middle and mine doesnt drone at all even tho the bloke warned me about it. only differene is mine is the same bore size as the standard exhaust yours is 2.5inch but i needed an exhaust quite quickly as the standard exhaust was holding on by a thread could of collaped at any moment. but u do get a nice raw sound about low to mid range then the engine noise cuts in afterwards but once your exhaust cokes in u wait the noise will be really nice but still not silly loud

when i had my exhaust done i have also picked up this whistling sound but it was doing it with the standard exhaust just was quieter but doesnt worry me. i had a custom exhaust done without the sliencer in the middle and mine doesnt drone at all even tho the bloke warned me about it. only differene is mine is the same bore size as the standard exhaust yours is 2.5inch but i needed an exhaust quite quickly as the standard exhaust was holding on by a thread could of collaped at any moment. but u do get a nice raw sound about low to mid range then the engine noise cuts in afterwards but once your exhaust cokes in u wait the noise will be really nice but still not silly loud

The guy today said this too that the sound will change slightly as the exhaust cokes up, then my friend also said it. I didnt know what they where going on about :D so just nodded :yes: I dont think it will make much of a difference, like you say it will sound nicer. Its a weird noise but not bad, I thought it sounded like something to do with the turbo?

Pics Pics Pics Pics :yes:

They will come promise (tomorrow) but I don`t want you saying its not even yet and needs moving to the right!!!! I know this its Liverpool & Man U`s fault they where playing today.... I ill also try and get a sound clip.