Chopping the vRS in for a Monte

E1uSiV3

Well I think I must have had a bump on the head or something, but I am chopping my 10 plate vRS in against a brand new Monte 1.6CR 105.

I am changing jobs soon and the mileage is much higher, plus I got an awesome deal on the Monte so I couldn't really refuse.

Good looking car + cheap motoring > all out performance for me now. I am only 28 though and feel like I am getting old too quickly lol

Edited by E1uSiV3

1327331860[/url]' post='2657319']

Well I think I must have had a bump on the head or something, but I am chopping my 10 plate vRS in against a brand new Monte 1.6CR 105.

I am changing jobs soon and the mileage is much higher, plus I got an awesome deal on the Monte so I couldn't really refuse.

Good looking car + cheap motoring > all out performance for me now. I am only 28 though and feel like I am getting old too quickly lol

You'll love the 1.6 crtdi 105! Not as quick but definitely more mpg with a good engine

My friend has an Octy with it and on the same journey as me in the vRS (we were following each other) I averaged 57MPG, he did 86! I expect similar returns in the Monte hopefully. It is a lot of power to drop though, 75BHP is rather a lot to lose, but I do get more torque. I might miss the DSG a bit too, been driving DSG cars for 4 years now :o

1327332248[/url]' post='2657329']

My friend has an Octy with it and on the same journey as me in the vRS (we were following each other) I averaged 57MPG, he did 86! I expect similar returns in the Monte hopefully. It is a lot of power to drop though, 75BHP is rather a lot to lose, but I do get more torque. I might miss the DSG a bit too, been driving DSG cars for 4 years now :o

Octy better fuel economy, but 60-70 easy at motorway speeds

You can get DSG with the monte!

You can get DSG with the monte!

Not with a diesel.

edit:

Or with a petrol according to the Fabia brochure...

1.2 12V 69PS 5spd

1.2 TSI 86PS 5spd

1.2 TSI 105PS 5spd

1.6 TDI CR 75PS DPF 5spd

1.6 TDI CR 105PS DPF 5spd

The deal I got was on an already ordered car so no movement on the spec. Got the phone call today to say all the paperwork has been sorted and I just need to pop in tomorrow to sort the CRD out so I should have my new Monte pretty soon :)

You can get dsg with petrol version but not diesel yetemoticon-0105-wink.gif

SUK must have forgotten to update the online brochure then.

because while I know there is a DSG 1.2 petrol like our Yeti has that's also in the Fabia, they don't list a DSG option on the Scout or Monte.

That's crazy ? No dsg on monte but it's a tsi as well as a diesel , so why no dsg on the tsi option ? Does not show up on configure ?

As I said before, not on the Scout either.

Skoda or SUK policy until they are building more DSG boxes maybe?

I was told no DSG available on any MC. In the new brochure and on line it does not show it ,unless some one can tell me differently .I drove the DSG and it is nice in the VRS but we only need the new car as a shopping trolly As have a toy for the weekends for the fast stuff .

Brian

You can get dsg with petrol version but not diesel yetemoticon-0105-wink.gif
So you can buy a standard fabia petrol with the TSI engine and spec the DSG but not on the same engine in the monte emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

So when you made the first post you were just guessing? :D

Again, no DSG in the Monte or Scout. :thumbup:

1327415822[/url]' post='2658673']

Lol, another Seb's myth busted... I can't remember how many times I've seen this happen in this forum... :giggle:

Sorry but I thought as it was a 12 tsi it would have come with that option read all my posts I'm as surprised as everyone else!emoticon-0172-mooning.gifemoticon-0127-lipssealed.gifemoticon-0173-middlefinger.gif Oh was I the first to post that monte comes with dsg ? Think not

Edited by seboni121

emoticon-0172-mooning.gifemoticon-0127-lipssealed.gifemoticon-0173-middlefinger.gif

:rofl:

Forum rules:

1) Post your question/thread

2) Soon after this, you will find an automated reply from "Seboni121"

3) Just ignore the above post and wait for somebody to give you the correct answer, OR If you're in a hurry you can try exactly the opposite from what's suggested in the reply from "Seboni121"

Edited by newbie69

1327416876[/url]' post='2658691']

:rofl:

Forum rules:

1) Post your question/thread

2) Soon after this, you will find an automated reply from "Seboni121"

3) Just ignore the above post and wait for somebody to give you the correct answer, OR If you're in a hurry you can try exactly the opposite from what's suggested in the reply from "Seboni121"

Automated response please do not reply, do one emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif