Big brake upgrades?

Ok, I'm wanting to further upgrade my brakes on my Fabia from my 312's. Not for performance but for looks, the current set up looks a bit weedy behind my wheels.

So looking at my options, first is the brembo 323 set up from a LCR or similar. New they are £1100 but used they sometimes come up for £4-500.

Second is using Porsche calipers with adapters. I can find the various bits of kit to use front boxster S calipers & some 330x 28mm discs but I'd need to redrill them for 5x100 pcd.

Lastly is the R32 set up, but I'm unsure if they'll fit under 17's or need 18's. Plus they are pretty heavy.

So any advice for or against the various set ups?

Cheers

Matt

it may be simple but i dont see the logic in going that route for essentially expensive discs,when you can have the full monty for basically the same price, each to there own

fitting a set of brembos is pretty simple and a garage wouldnt take long to fit them if you cant do it yourselves

Where did you get your brakes from? I'm currently trying to find a good set of newish brakes.

I just hunted left right and centre for LCR`s being broken. I decided Prosche brakes as good as they are, would be too much ballache when it comes to new discs. R32 set up appears to be mega heavy for what it is so that was ruled out too. Found some brembo`s on ebay, but the bloke was telling me they came off a 150bhp golf which is obviously not true so I left them. In the end just messaged everyone I could find till a set came up. :thumbup:

go hispec around 1k for a 328mm setup and need a 5mm spacer

Didnt really wanna spank £1k on brakes which in all honestly are mainly for looks and bragging rights lol.

Didnt really wanna spank £1k on brakes which in all honestly are mainly for looks and bragging rights lol.

Same position. I don't want to spend £1k on brakes when I've heard people get good 2 or 4 pot kits for £400 to £600. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same position. I don't want to spend £1k on brakes when I've heard people get good 2 or 4 pot kits for £400 to £600. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

293 (form memory, might be a bit bigger/smaller) Wilwood 4-pots I have on the Polo cost me £400ish for the full kit. Similar kit but in 283s on my old 205 cost me £350 and the 205 stopped like it had hit a brick wall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yes they do lots of stuff, seen them fitted to an octavia before, they dont seem to have the same reputation that brembo/wilwood or ap do however on some of the forums.

• 4 weeks later...

i have the 323mm tarox 6 pot kit and its bloody brilliant. i got them at the awesome summer bash last year for just over £1000.they should have been £1200.