WTF

Sorry could not find the initial thread/ post, but as I said previous service £206 on first service fabia 1.6 diesel a little high , I told the guy on the desk I was not happy and phoned twice to confirm my disappointment , however no avail no contact so I did the customer service review which was fair, and contacted dealers for prices and contacted the SUK with my findings, so today a meeting between myself and the franchise owner was done popped in and, it escalated in him calling me a liar and that the dealers whom quoted me less by £100 where not going to do a proper job!, on top of this he literary threw me out with never come here again ringing in my ears, I have now escalated it to the managing director of SUK, very aggressive very angry one crazy dealer, so stay clear of this one

Also I know your looking at the forum, same on you !

Edited by seboni121

1327488319[/url]' post='2659729']

Prices aside, what happeded to the saying "The customer is always right"!?

Im sure SUK wouldnt like to hear the owners acusations of another franchise quality of service.

He was very aggressive , even saying " is that dealer still there?, that surprises me " , the gawl of the man , if I would have stayed god knows what would have happened, to even say they did a better service than the rest is crazy, I've contacted SUK and contacted Robert hazelwood the MD but to be honest don't think anything will be done, tell you one thing I won't be buying the latest skoda models, also I'm familiar with a lot of the skoda owners locally emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

That sounds just crazy Seb. You should not have been charged £206 for a first service, full stop! As you know, I was charged just £76 three odd years ago. But my neighbours who have the same car as you were charged just £80 last August for the first service. Definitely needs looking at by SUK and they need to advise the dealer that he is charging the old recommended prices which I understand were a mistake.

That sounds just crazy Seb. You should not have been charged £206 for a first service, full stop! As you know, I was charged just £76 three odd years ago. But my neighbours who have the same car as you were charged just £80 last August for the first service. Definitely needs looking at by SUK and they need to advise the dealer that he is charging the old recommended prices which I understand were a mistake.

Estateman I'm no shrinking violet, but this amount of abuse from a main dealer was shocking, even some of my replies I've had here are nothing in comparison,but to insinuate that the dealers quoting the lower price would be giving me a poorer service is astounding!," they wouldn't do a diagnostic check not a thorough inspection of the vehicle ". It's not my fault if the staff did not inform him of my disappointment surely it's his responsibility, he virtually threw me out " never come here again" , I've spent £1000's there over the years, couldn't believe it( that's my victor impersonation) honestly shocking hopefully SUK will deal with it! I will not hold my breath though.

Looking on the bright side you now know they are pish takers and they won't be seeing any of your money again.

I would certainly complain about overcharging and being thrown out when questioning the bill to SUK though. If they care?

Looking on the bright side you now know they are pish takers and they won't be seeing any of your money again.

I would certainly complain about overcharging and being thrown out when questioning the bill to SUK though. If they care?

Bossfox I know I come over as a bit of coq sometimes :wonder: but seriously this guy although I knew from what other people have said could be quite undiplomatic , I've never had any real issue although the hassle with the satnav should have alerted me, but yes they will no longer have my money and I was seriously thinking of looking at the new Octavia when it came out, he knew when we arranged the meeting all he wanted was a pound of flesh, was not happy with my review of the service and complained that I did it without revealing my identity, so much for confidential information, I did not rise lot his baiting inside the dealers, however it'll be different on the street as I pass several times a day on my training schedule he won't get away with it so easily B)

I wonder what the same dealer would charge for thr Skoda service plan thing where you pay monthly into a plan that gives you services for 12/24/36 months? Whilst you expect it to be a bit cheaper as you are giving them money each month, I wonder how much cheaper than the one-off service cost is? Do Skoda set the costs of the service plan or is it down to local dealers to set whatever level they like?

That's awful Seb.

The stress that you have been put through.

It is sounding like solicitor time.

I'm seriously looking at this although is it worth the stress?, he knows about here and he'll definitely be looking, I'll think about it whilst I'm in Malta next week

In law I think the dealers can charge pretty much anything they want for the service they provide as long as they inform you of their charges first. However, as a franchised Skoda dealer there are clear guidelines that dealers should stick to which do allow for small regional pricing differences. But these have to be reasonable differences and if dealers are going totally off the planet with charges, then this is a matter for SUK and not the legal boys. The dealer signed up as a SUK dealer and has to meet national standards in everything he does otherwise SUK won't tolerate the breaking of their franchise agreement...if you see what I mean (writing this a bit quick as just going off to work). :yes:

1327495930[/url]' post='2659884']

In law I think the dealers can charge pretty much anything they want for the service they provide as long as they inform you of their charges first. However, as a franchised Skoda dealer there are clear guidelines that dealers should stick to which do allow for small regional pricing differences. But these have to be reasonable differences and if dealers are going totally off the planet with charges, then this is a matter for SUK and not the legal boys. The dealer signed up as a SUK dealer and has to meet national standards in everything he does otherwise SUK won't tolerate the breaking of their franchise agreement...if you see what I mean (writing this a bit quick as just going off to work). :yes:

That's the course of action my solicitor has specified, until the issue is dealt with SUK he has informed me that they must contact and resolve the matter, however if not emoticon-0146-punch.gif May be on the cards, if they don't sort it I will be purchasing a Hyundai

That's appalling behaviour! And to say they wouldn't check the vehicle properly is plainly wrong, I paid £85 ish for my first service, and watched the tech do it, ge went all round the vehicle, oiling hinges, checking the suspension, exhaust,lights ect ect MOT style.... All good....

Hope he has to pay for his attitude, skoda do really well with customer service, he should be stripped of his franschise, for bringing skoda into disrepute...

Name abd shame

1327503258[/url]' post='2660063']

That's appalling behaviour! And to say they wouldn't check the vehicle properly is plainly wrong, I paid £85 ish for my first service, and watched the tech do it, ge went all round the vehicle, oiling hinges, checking the suspension, exhaust,lights ect ect MOT style.... All good....

Hope he has to pay for his attitude, skoda do really well with customer service, he should be stripped of his franschise, for bringing skoda into disrepute...

Name abd shame

Should I do this here? Legally ?

Sorry could not find the initial thread/ post, but as I said previous service £206 on first service fabia 1.6 diesel a little high , I told the guy on the desk I was not happy and phoned twice to confirm my disappointment , however no avail no contact so I did the customer service review which was fair, and contacted dealers for prices and contacted the SUK with my findings, so today a meeting between myself and the franchise owner was done popped in and, it escalated in him calling me a liar and that the dealers whom quoted me less by £100 where not going to do a proper job!, on top of this he literary threw me out with never come here again ringing in my ears, I have now escalated it to the managing director of SUK, very aggressive very angry one crazy dealer, so stay clear of this one

Also I know your looking at the forum, same on you !

if you message me your registration number and milage of your vehicle i will provide and exact cost and what is involved in your first service

hope this helps :)

Well well they say every dog has his day guess what, I've just had mine! I haven't sorted the dealer out no but I had a very interesting chat with another franchise dealer today, apparently there is a lot of change within the vag orginazation in this area, firstly there will be a large one shop stop for all VAG group vehicles this will include,AUDI,SEAT,SKODA and VW under one roof this will be based at the old MERCEDES unit in Llandudno junction, right this is where it get spicy all the smaller dealers in the area are going to be dissolved, only being used car dealers rather than new :D ,the pentraeth group also slaters and hopefully this one near me will no longer appear on the map, this will be happening at the end of feb 2012 had a very interesting chat with the tools there as well they never ever remove wheels before 20k or 2nd service it's a no- no !, oh and by the way on the way to where I was going the satnav lost it the gps module within the antenna died, apparently there are a fee failing now and the dealer ( my new one) will sort it out when I come home from Malta, so good news I think although feel sorry for some of the staff at waun when there p45 arrives

Something similar happened to the old Skoda dealer that used to be in Gorseinon. Apparently they did some naughty things that Skoda didn't like. I know first hand they weren't doing warranty stuff properly so would have to back in twice to do the same job so I'm betting Skoda UK would pay out twice for it too. Skoda didn't mess about and took it off them and gave it to the Sinclair Group who also have Audi, VW Mercedes, Smart and the vans. Sinclair have been spot on ever since :thumbup:

My first service would cost me 2800 sek at the local VW-approved stealers... 2800 sek = 250 £ approx.

The local garage (i.e. not approved by VW) would charge 1650 sek = 135 £ approx.

And still, the VW-garage got load more customers...

It seems this new franchise owner is a well known one Birmingham area I think not 100% though, I think the dealer I was with did a good job but at what cost, should never be allowed to speak to customers like this if they have a legitimate issue, I think they are suk pretty pi££3d with all the things going on there money going missing from tills £1,000 of pounds , time up I think and good riddance IMO