Anyone had any bother with their remap?

Hi All

Had car remapped about a month ago (200 bhp) had it taken off for a few days while it was in the dealership and had it put back on (flashed back) about a week ago

Iv having a few issues with it though, the car badly kangaroo's under heavy acceleration, the car suffers with a knackered DMF but when the car jumps its not making the clutch slip so that suggests to me that it lays with the power delivery from the engine and nothing to do with the drive train. Its also unpredictable, some times it does it and sometimes it doesnt :S so that leads me to think electrical fault? if it was a mechanical fault then it would surly do it every time?

Anyone experienced the same thing?

Hi All

Had car remapped about a month ago (200 bhp) had it taken off for a few days while it was in the dealership and had it put back on (flashed back) about a week ago

Iv having a few issues with it though, the car badly kangaroo's under heavy acceleration, the car suffers with a knackered DMF but when the car jumps its not making the clutch slip so that suggests to me that it lays with the power delivery from the engine and nothing to do with the drive train. Its also unpredictable, some times it does it and sometimes it doesnt :S so that leads me to think electrical fault? if it was a mechanical fault then it would surly do it every time?

Anyone experienced the same thing?

Take it back to your mapper. May be a software issue, but highly unlikely. Could be a faulty MAF or sensor

Edited by sdmegawuk

Wouldt this be flagged up on a vagcom scan though? it was scanned before the map was put on so make sure it would conflict with anything else

Not always. try unplugging the MAF sensor & see if it improves. If it does thats your problem.

Which company did your remap?

Ah right, Big Fish Tuning, i dont think there is anything wrong with the software as he has remapped other BMN's and iv heard nothing bad about the service

BMN PD170 is a bitch of an engine to map properly. Its well known to "Stutter" and "Kangaroo"

mine used to kanagaroo in 1st and 2nd and then stutter in 5th and 6th

I got rid of mine! How:

Low down Kangarooing was solved by a map update by Custom Code, 5th and 6th stutter was resolved by EGR Delete.

Standard PD170's with OEM map have been known to also suffer this problem, its just that the Remap highlights it more

If it didn't do it before the map and now does take it back to your tuner. Does it have the same problem on the standard map?

No it did not kangaroo when it had the standard map but with him mapping so many other 170's and having no issues i just thought the remap has highlighted a problem within the engine

Ill give him a ring and see what he says, only annoying thing is like i say it does not do it 100% of the time, maybe about 80% of the time so knowing my luck if i take him out in it, it will perform fine! :dull:

Sounds like common DPF related problems on the PD engine, have you had the injectors changed yet too??

My 2008 Leon FR TDI did this for a while, usually during a DPF Re-gen but not always, would almost feel like it was holding back, then it would suddenly go and cut again....

It's since been to Seat and had all new injectors and so far so good!

Sounds like common DPF related problems on the PD engine, have you had the injectors changed yet too??

My 2008 Leon FR TDI did this for a while, usually during a DPF Re-gen but not always, would almost feel like it was holding back, then it would suddenly go and cut again....

It's since been to Seat and had all new injectors and so far so good!

Cant be DPF Related because mine also did it and ive not had a DPF for about 2 years.

Its the mapping, There's a common fault on the engine that gets highlighted by the mapping, some of the settings need to be changed (i dont know what needs changing)

Shark Performance are aware of the problem, Mikko maps around it now

• 1 month later...

It's VERY likely the software, possibly also a combination of software + failing turbo. Guessing it happens when you put your foot down after a period of driving steadily?