Post your Yeti in Snow photos here...

Yeti_Man

Thanks Johann

Here you go - courtesy of Flickr (I do not do facebook). Here's my SM in the fens last weekend- felt very secure on the Hankook winter tyres, but of course, there are no hills around here to really test them out !

Yeti 02.12 003

Pete

I give up!

Every time I try to answer a post like this you beat me to it!

Quick draw johann ?? :D

There wasnt a chance in hell there was going to be anything behind me at 5.50am Sunday morning - I literally live off the lanes I was heading for, knowing that I guess I didnt bother with all the snow on the roof. Having said that it would be a good idea to do it in future just in case. It cleared quickly as I was playing with gradients within two minuted of driving off from home also :giggle:

I'm not an advanced driver but the cars behind are not really the problem. When you brake suddenly with snow on the roof the snow 'sheet' slides forward down your windscreen blocking your view completly! Not even the auto wipers clear it quick enough and you end up in a blind panic for a few seconds!

Of course this did not happen to me over the weekend and I didn't freak my passengers out when it happened :notme:

Lesson learned :doh:

In the days before laminated windscreens, if a stone hit a toughened glass screen it would shatter, obscuring the view out. Drivers were taught to punch a hole in it with their fist to see enough to stop safely. I heard of one driver who broke his wrist trying to punch a hole in the screen when snow slid down off the roof!

In the days before laminated windscreens, if a stone hit a toughened glass screen it would shatter, obscuring the view out. Drivers were taught to punch a hole in it with their fist to see enough to stop safely. I heard of one driver who broke his wrist trying to punch a hole in the screen when snow slid down off the roof!

That's correct, I remember it well!

The screen had to have an area in front of the driver where the screen was not as obscured so that some forward vision was retained. In certain light you could see the areas that had been toughened and the drivers "porthole" was quite pronounced.

Fred