Looks of the interior - Superb L&K

Hi.

Today I ordered my Superb L&K, moving up from the Octavia vRS.

The dealer convinced me of the beautiful look of the all brown interior. It's alligned with the new paint called Magnetic Brown. Dealer said it "sounds odd but looks very well".

Reason for picking L&K was significant money saved compared to upping an Elegance to the same level. I ticked every tickable box...

What do you guys think of the interior with piano trim? Have the Czechs gone completely mad, or does it look it's exclusive part?

My order is open for a little while and can be changed. On the other side it's looks isn't matched by many.

Throw in your comments please.

The piano trim is 'all-right' (better than the silver but not as nice as the 'wood' IMO)

However the brown leather I could not live with at all, especially the steering wheel where there is a mixture of brown leather and the std black plastic steering wheel controls :thumbdown:

It may look better in the flesh, but personally i am glad I did not wait for the L&K to be introduced as there is just too much about it that I do not like.

Fortunately we are all different, so providing you like it and are happy to live with it then that's all that matters. :thumbup:

If you like it, that's all that matters eh? my opinion for what its worth, "it's way OTT brown" they could have got away with some trim and even the seats, but brown dashboards and steering wheels belong back in the seventies. As I said though, if you like it, you go for it.

I would choose an Elegance with black leather before the L&K any day. :) Really, there is`nt that on much one the car that I would like to have.

But in the end, as Gizmo68 says, the most important thing is that you like it.. :)

Some of the details on the L&K are nice but IMO the leather would have to be black to tempt me to part with my cash. I think in all honesty I would rather "spec" up an Elegance. But as others have said, if you like that's all that matters.

To be fair, I haven't seen one in the flesh so am only going from the brochure pics.

Now i know, each to their own but i LOVE the piano black inserts on the L&K

Unfortunately, that's where the love stops.

It's each to their own, i agree. but the random black and brown mix is just terrible!

Skoda_Superb_LandK-interiors.jpg

skoda-reveals-superb-laurin-klement-design-package-medium_2.jpg

The outside is not "as" bad...

Skoda-Superb-Wagon-Laurin-Klement.jpg

But, it's down to personal choice and taste....

Al.

Now i know, each to their own but i LOVE the piano black inserts on the L&K

Unfortunately, that's where the love stops.

It's each to their own, i agree. but the random black and brown mix is just terrible!

The outside is not "as" bad...

But, it's down to personal choice and taste....

Al.

Interestingly the picture of the right hand drive shows the handbrake in a different position from usual - is this a photoshop picture and not reality ?

I think it's a photoshop job - in both pictures there is still a mark on the side of transmission tunnel underneath the pocket, where the pile has been brushed.

Also if you look very closely they have attempted to black out the KESSY button (if you zoom in to c200% you can see it)

I actually really like it and it's a nice changed from the usual sea of black and silver you see in most cars these days.

I also don't think it looks dated at all and look quite "classy" IMO.

Congrats on the purchase. Look forward to seeing some pictures of it in the flesh.

I like the L&K as well. It's differant, but nice IMO. In the photo of the 'RHD' interior, it' looks like just a flipped image of the LHD one

Which engine did you choose??

I chose the 140 HP diesel with DSG and 4x4. It has to cope with Norwegian winter :) Now, I drive a vRS with 170 HP and DSG. Also a very nice ride. My kids complain that the back seat is too hard for longer trips, but it handles very nicely and I like it. Would like o go bigger though.

Thank you all of you for your inputs and replies!

Today at my lunch break I "built" an Elegance on the Skoda web page taking away what's not important to me about the L&K, and adding the three spoke steering wheel that I prefer over the four spoke. Kept the Magnetic Brown paint, but chose ivory/onyx interior. That looks smashing. Trouble is the price, it's way more expensive to do it like that. If I let go of the ventilated seats that outside the L&K package run at £ 1 360 (Norwegian craziness) we're getting there. Or at least about.

Better?

Maybe the interior originated from the VAG boardroom? "So, our Czech friends want to build an even better car, more gizmos and stuff for the money, and 4x4 in an 140 HP diesel engine like VW only does in the more expensive 170 HP's. Well, if they do that - the interior will be all brown. Undebatable!" - Love Ferdinand Piech :)

Edited by takktakk

Thank you all of you for your inputs and replies!

Today at my lunch break I "built" an Elegance on the Skoda web page taking away what's not important to me about the L&K, and adding the three spoke steering wheel that I prefer over the four spoke. Kept the Magnetic Brown paint, but chose ivory/onyx interior. That looks smashing. Trouble is the price, it's way more expensive to do it like that. If I let go of the ventilated seats that outside the L&K package run at £ 1 360 (Norwegian craziness) we're getting there. Or at least about.

Better?

Maybe the interior originated from the VAG boardroom? "So, our Czech friends want to build an even better car, more gizmos and stuff for the money, and 4x4 in an 140 HP diesel engine like VW only does in the more expensive 170 HP's. Well, if they do that - the interior will be all brown. Undebatable!" - Love Ferdinand Piech :)

Hello,

My first post here. I ordered the Superb L&k 14 days ago. I just got confirmation today about build week 18. I think the Superb L&K looks very good.

More pictures: http://www.auto.cz/skoda-superb-laurin-klement-autosalon-brno-2011-59149/foto?uid=4de8d9c4b8ab9

Edited by Superb L&K

Hello,

My first post here. I ordered the Superb L&k 14 days ago. I just got confirmation today about build week 18. I think the Superb L&K looks very good.

More pictures: http://www.auto.cz/skoda-superb-laurin-klement-autosalon-brno-2011-59149/foto?uid=4de8d9c4b8ab9

Thank you for the pictures. Actually I'm a little more easy now. IMHO it looks rather good!

Thank you for the pictures. Actually I'm a little more easy now. IMHO it looks rather good!

Hi... Thanks from me too: I ordered an L&K 2.0TFSI Estate at the beginning of December for delivery in mid-March. I've had misgivings about the brown interior from the get-go - but my wife insisted on it. Those pictures have gone a long way to allaying that fear.

m.

It's strange to see that skoda chose a L&K without extras and the sat nav for the stand. If I were them, I would of showed a V6 with all the extras. Show it in its best light :thumbup:

Edited by dobbey

It is the Amundsen+ sat nav system that comes with the L&K.

Can anyone please tell me the difference between the Amundsen+ and the Columbus sat nav systems? Does the Amundsen+ system have the optical parking sensor display? I understand the differende is as follows: DVD, HDD and larger screen for the Columbus. Are there other differences?

It is the Amundsen+ sat nav system that comes with the L&K.

Can anyone please tell me the difference between the Amundsen+ and the Columbus sat nav systems? Does the Amundsen+ system have the optical parking sensor display? I understand the differende is as follows: DVD, HDD and larger screen for the Columbus. Are there other differences?

Amundsen now also stores the maps without he DVD inserted. Previously it had to be in for satnav to work. Colombus has a few more buttons to push, a kind of surround system, HD display and DVD player as you point out. Later in the year Colombus will also come with DAB. The screen is larger, so I guess the entire unit looks a little more up scale, but as for the hdd - who needs that? I have a data plan on my cell, and I use Spotify over Bluetooth audio and radio in my car. The thought of watching a DVD never even crossed my mind.

As Amundsen with sound system has the same 10-channel amplifier as the Colombus the most important thing - sound - should be well taken care of.

Still battling it out a bit with that much brown. Getting there... :thumbup:

Edited by takktakk

As a likely Superb buyer I had a telephone conversation with Skoda UK's Customer Service people around the middle of January this year.

My initial contact with them was regarding the likely date that we might see DAB in them but during the conversation I mentioned that I had been looking at the L&K spec as it included a digital TV tuner in the Columbus unit....and whilst I had little or no interest in watching or listening to TV in the car I figured that as it would be Freeview that there would be the usual range of Freeview digital radio stations available through it.

I was disappointed and somewhat surprised to be told "It doesn't work!".

I should stress that this comment was from the UK division and there may be no issues elsewhere in Europe but I'd be interested in hearing from UK buyers specifically whether the digital TV / Radio feature works or not.

I've got to admit that initially I thought the colour scheme was awful but having viewd the pictures posted here I'm beginning to change my mind.

Edit: I stupidly forgot to ask what, in particular, didn't work on the TV equipped Columbus unit.

Jim

Edited by Claymore

As a likely Superb buyer I had a telephone conversation with Skoda UK's Customer Service people around the middle of January this year.

My initial contact with them was regarding the likely date that we might see DAB in them but during the conversation I mentioned that I had been looking at the L&K spec as it included a digital TV tuner in the Columbus unit....and whilst I had little or no interest in watching or listening to TV in the car I figured that as it would be Freeview that there would be the usual range of Freeview digital radio stations available through it.

I was disappointed and somewhat surprised to be told "It doesn't work!".

I should stress that this comment was from the UK division and there may be no issues elsewhere in Europe but I'd be interested in hearing from UK buyers specifically whether the digital TV / Radio feature works or not.

I've got to admit that initially I thought the colour scheme was awful but having viewd the pictures posted here I'm beginning to change my mind.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm definitely not a fan of the L&K colour scheme and, whilst I would go quite a far as Jeremy Clarkson might on this, I personally think the design team should be locked up by the fashion police, but what do I know.

However, I am a big fan of DAB as you'll tell from other recent posts on the subject. I hadn't thought of the TV solution. I knew it wasn't previously available in the UK market and just assumed that it hadn't been type approved for RHD markets. That's obviously not the case as it's now standard in the L&K and I think Skoda UK ought to offer the TV tuner as an optional extra where the Columbus is fitted, either as standard or an option. I don't see why the TV tuner should not be able to operate as you suggest and so you can listen to digital stations on Freeview. I'm no techy expect but Freeview radio looks pretty much like any freeview channel except that it has a static picture (which on some TVs can be turned off). To quote from the brochure, 'When the car is moving (over 6km/h), the TV audio is played without visual', but who cares...it's radio and you won't need the picture.

There must be someone out there who has already taken delivery of an L&K. Perhaps they can try this out. According to the Columbus manual it has a hybrid DVB-T/Analogue tuner so presumably can pickup normal SD Freeview broadcasts??? BUT...what about reception as the car moves around. I think even on DVB-T the broadcast frequencies change from area to area just as they did with analogue TV so whilst it might be ok in the same local area, if your day takes you 100 miles down the road you might have to re-tune???

Anybody got any further ideas/knowledge. Anyone with a L&K out there?

EDIT - Jim, perhaps you can ask them that question...I'd love to know.

cheers Simon

Edited by smf1007