Whitney Houston RIP

jonny boy

Such sad news she was an amazing talent with an outstanding voice. Her song I will always love you could be number one in the singles chart this sunday as fans buy the song and her album the ultimate collection could be number one in the album chart.

So sad and such a loss of talent R.I.P :'(

My dad slogged his whole life to bring up a family, didn't quite make it to retirement, and died of a heart attack, which he didn't ask for or contribute to

My mum spent 26 years on her own, and ultimately succumbed to cancer, which she didn't ask for or contribute to

Whitney Houston, who really did have it all at one stage, dies aged 48 after a lengthy history of drinking and drug taking

I think you can tell where this is going....... :@

I know she was a sucessful singer and all that but I have to say I thought the coverage of her death on the BBC yesterday morning was way over the top. I suppose there wasn't much news about but going around in circles trying to think of something new to say when there wasn't anything and dragging people who didn't even know her out of the woodwork to make 'informed' comments was a must turn off for me I'm afraid. :(

Lots of mock grief these days, some of the outpourings on facebook/twitter have been of a Kim Jong Il standard.

Feel sorry for her kids - aye, a wee bit. Never met them and doubt I ever will, but no-one deserves to have junkie parents, unfortunatley there are hundreds of thousands of kids in the same situation in the UK; but their Mum/Dad wont get their own thread on a motoring forum when they mistakenly snort a line of battery acid thinking it was Bogota's finest.

Could not agree more with this comment about "mock grief" everywhere. It really is nauseous. Nice one! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by kevberlin

My dad slogged his whole life to bring up a family, didn't quite make it to retirement, and died of a heart attack, which he didn't ask for or contribute to

My mum spent 26 years on her own, and ultimately succumbed to cancer, which she didn't ask for or contribute to

Whitney Houston, who really did have it all at one stage, dies aged 48 after a lengthy history of drinking and drug taking

+1. Couldn't agree more.

I'm afraid I have no respect for people who are in a position to have the a good life and then throw it away through drink and drugs.

Death is obviously a bad thing and myself have been to way too many funerals over the last 6 years and lost real friends and family. But the one thing that annoys me and you see it more now with social networking is how many people come out and fair enough offer condolences but then still go on about it days later. It's not that I'm heartless but the people who do this as far as I knew didn't know here personally or didn't listen to her stuff religiously. Really don't get it myself.

Indeed. The death is sad, as is any, but I don't get the public outpouring of grief. If I die tomorrow, a few people will be devastated- close family. A good few more (friends) will be very sad, I would hope, but the world in general would not, and should not care, beyond "that's sad", and I would imagine it's the same for most of us.

what do you think will happen when you take sxxt loads of gear for 20 odd years.only one out come,what does every body expect.what a waste,and I dont like her music sorry

Edited by 2WSR55PB

Lots of mock grief these days, some of the outpourings on facebook/twitter have been of a Kim Jong Il standard.

+2 On the radio the report came from her town and you could hear the crowds wailing "whitney, whitney". WTF she's not going to wave back!

Yes she was a very talented singer at one time, she was also a 48yr old crack addict and I'm only surprised she lasted this long.

Edited by Aspman

What bugs me is that brave young men and women well I say men and women most are boys and girls are getting killed and horrifically injured everyday in Afghanistan and no ones gives it a second thought it very rarely makes one column of the daily rags...... Some glorified karaoke singer snuffs it and it gets wall to wall coverage and she is portrayed as being holier than thou when in fact she was well known for being not only a junkie but also an arrogant nasty and narcissistic person ..Love the comments about feeling sorry for her kid ..she wasnt a mother, mothers put their children first ,she would have sold her child to fund her habit ....arrgh my bloods boiling again count to 10 Jay emoticon-0121-angry.gif

Feel sorry for her kids - aye, a wee bit. Never met them and doubt I ever will, but no-one deserves to have junkie parents, unfortunatley there are hundreds of thousands of kids in the same situation in the UK; but their Mum/Dad wont get their own thread on a motoring forum when they mistakenly snort a line of battery acid thinking it was Bogota's finest.

Absolutely spot on mate!emoticon-0148-yes.gif