Fog selection in Auto mode

musso

Now wouldn't be nice (or not) if it detected fog with a visibility of 100m or less and automatically turned them on. 99% of road users would not wander round with them on all the time, who do at the moment and drive me mad......

They are auto lights. As mentioned above, YOU have to manually turn the fogs on That is not automatic. (If that makes any sense - it did to me when I wrote it)

Not the best design in the world to be honest, if you find yourself driving at night in 'Auto' when visibility is reduced enough for fog lights, then unless you are very quick with the switch as mentioned above you have to pass through side lights to the dipped head lights position before the switch can be pulled out to turn on the fog lights. This of course temporarily reduces your visibility for a second as dipped beam is turned off and back on or even worse confuses other motorists.

Ford do it better by locating the 'Auto' position after dipped headlights, so for those who leave the switch in 'Auto' never need pass through side lights.

I don't like it when my xenon's come on with the ignition when the switch is left in 'Auto' and its dark and always manually turn them off before stopping the engine.

On my light switch ,the xenon headlights stay on when you switch from auto, through sidelight, to Headlight.Unless you pause in the sidelight position.

If you use the foglights by pulling out the switch, they automatically switch off again when switching back to auto or off.:yes:

You could always turn front fogs on via sidelights as it gives a better view of the road and least your not having to mess with finding dip on the switch

Ford do it better by locating the 'Auto' position after dipped headlights, so for those who leave the switch in 'Auto' never need pass through side lights.

I don't like it when my xenon's come on with the ignition when the switch is left in 'Auto' and its dark and always manually turn them off before stopping the engine.

Silver that makes a lot of sense - the Ford button that is. I have used my fogs maybe once in 13,000 miles so it is not really a great worry to me.

As to switching the lights off when parking. All fine and well but if the switch is not in the Auto position your coming home and leaving home lights also don't work. And as little as I need these two features the fact the car does it gives me a great gadget-geek kick! So I always want the car to do that. I've had mine changed via VCDS so that the fogs come on and not the Xenons.