Am I sad to have withdrawal symptoms for a Touran?

Brimma

Here's the dilemma

I've had two VW Tourans in the past, both being 2.0 TDi 7-seater units, and the 7 seats really do come into their own from time to time

I've now spotted locally a 10 plate 1.9 TDi (105bhp) Match, with 19k miles on it (I'm sure with a little bit of Shark input it could go up to 140bhp)

As this was a run-out model before the release of the latest incarnation, the spec is really good:-

Sat nav (effectively an Amundsen) + MDi lead compatible

6-speed box

Dark tinted rear windows

Electric windows front and rear

Park assist

Cruise control

Multi-function steering wheel

Sports-style seats

So.....is it worth trading the Monte + £1500 for a car 18 months older with 14k more miles?

Many of you will probably think I'm stark raving bonkers, but it really does seem a lot of 'car' for the money :yes:

IMO B)

I think you answered your own question tbh. I've driven one fairly extensively (140pd sport)and whilst its probably one of the better smaller mpv types, unlees you have a regular requirement for more room/seven seats, on a daily or weekly rather than occasional basis. There are better cars out there. I never really got used to feeling like I was in a goldfish bowl or pulling away at low speeds in second gear (which was a b**ch)

Many of you will probably think I'm stark raving bonkers

Many thought the same of me 15 years ago. After owning estates and MPVs for many years, I bought a brand new hatchback. It seemed a sensible car to buy at the time. Almost immediately, I missed the practicality of an MPV. Three months later, I part-exchanged my hatchback for a secondhand MPV. Yes, I lost money but I was happy to be able to cart stuff (and people) around again. Go for it mate. :yes:

That's promising to know I'm not the only one - which engine/model did you have?

I had the 170 sport :-D I loved that car full leather, heated seats, nav and all them cubby holes but a 7 seater seamed a bit excessive for just me.

I had the 170 sport :-D I loved that car full leather, heated seats, nav and all them cubby holes but a 7 seater seamed a bit excessive for just me.

Top of the range then - nice

Be good having one of those mapped up to 205bhp :)

Short answer...Nope!

Great motor, and like you I miss certain elements that present car doesnt have.

Do you have a good VW dealership? I must have been unlucky as that for me is what spoiled the fun.

Mine isnt due for replacement until next April and feel I'll be in the same dilemma!

Go for it! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...