Want boot nets? Possible solution.

vindaloo

Just bought one of these as a bit of an experiment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Kia-Soul-2011-Boot-cargo-net-storage-holder-P81702K000-luggage-safety-/170768764677?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item27c29c8f05

Arrived today via the postie. Initial impressions, no fixings supplied. Net has 6 loops for attaching to hooks or other fixings. Can be used flat out or "sling/hammock" style by doubling over and attaching along the seat backs or rear of boot.

Heavier elasticated cords than the original Skoda boot nets (that are fitted to my Fabia).

Could be something of a bargain if I can sort out fixings. Anyone know of cheap DIY luggage hooks or cleats? Otherwise the solution is likely to use zip ties and S hooks?

J.

To fit this net behind the rear seats is probably easy (too cold/dark to try it now though :) )...

Loop nylon rope (thin) or cable ties around the rear seat latch posts.

Obtain metal "S" hooks to attach the net along the back of the rear seat.

It's proving to be "interesting" to "boring" trying to find cheap or even reasonable solutions to attaching boot storage. I wanted "D" shaped loops or small cleats or similar. All I get searching is bike pedal systems and chandlery!

Best I can come up with at the moment is to cobble something together using a repair washer and M4 M5 or M6 bolts and blind nuts. Take one repair washer, cut off opposing sides to make a lozenge, bend down the ends of the lozenge to act as retainers... File smooth and paint... Use with washers, stand offs and a blind nut fixing onto the plastic trim.

The OEM boot nets loop over the rear seat back latches and attach at the bottom to the metal loops near the boot floor.

They also supply a pair of cable fasteners that you drill/attach to the plastic trim near the rear lights. You could potentially run the long "hammock/sling" net (of the OEM Skoda nets) along the boot sill end rather than behind the seats.

J.

Yep, it's interesting to see what can be done with a coat hanger. :) Could be attached with nuts/bolts or self tappers to metalwork and protrude through the carpet into the boot area.

One solution I saw on an American website had the net fixings looped over the rear seat headrest posts.

J.