Softscoop's Fabia vRS

softscoop

Looks much nicer on the standard wheels in my view mate, you've made some nice subtle modifications there too.

Well played.

Cheers Iain.

I need to get them refurbed at some point as well as they're looking awful when you get close up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not updated this in a while so thought I'd list what's happened lately.

One of my rear shocks went, meaning the rear was bouncing all over the place.

Got 2 new Weitec ones so that they matched the originals. Had to wait for them to come over from Germany as DPM had to order them specially.

Not a difficult job, but pain in the arse in the wind and rain.

After finally getting my suspension sorted, it just didn't feel right, so went and got a 4 wheel alignment done. Nothing major, front was toeing out, so adjusted that. Drives much better now. Also showed that the rest of the car was nice and straight :)

alignment.jpg

3rd gear has always felt a bit odd to select, so adjusted the gear shift linkage as per video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9ggefOjAE

Had to remove the airbox and battery (massive thanks to Rob for helping me out on this one) to get to the locking pin on the gearbox, but result is much more positive in going in gear. :)

Was planning on taking pics, but got involved in the job and completely forgot.

Also pulled off the vinyl wrap on the grille and sprayed it with the remaining Plastidip from doing my spolier.

Nicely finished off with a Pastyboy special OEM without the green badge.

grille2.jpg