Vrs tsi dsg stage 2 any problems?

Hi I'm quite new on here n I'd quite like some advice, I've got a 2010 vrs with dsg and I am thinking about getting my car stage 2'd and I was wondering if the dsg transmission can handle it or would it need an upgraded clutch unit? I'm also interested to know how well it can put down the power I know it has an electronic slip diff of sorts but will that handle it or do you need to upgrade it to a propper LSD. My car is standard at the moment and I know I need to sort the suspension and brakes out first, what do people recommend? I'd realy appreciate your feedback, thanks

Ps sorry if this has already been talked to the death about!!

Standard Dsg is plenty strong but has torque limits (electronic). Stage one possibly 2 should be ok without any Dsg remap by the looks of posts on various forums.

Personally cost for little bhp difference between 1 & 2 isn't worth the money..... Just drive harder!

If my car wasn't as new as it is I'd have a atb diff fitted as I had one in my gta alfa and it truly transformed the car. Costly in a Dsg to do though - circa £1500.... Opposed to £500 in the alfa

How much power would I be looking at with a stage 1 as opposed to stage 2? I'm guessing arround 260-270 stage one and 290ish for stage 2 or am I aiming too high?

You will get 250 to 255 max stage 1 depending on your tuner

Oh! thanks for the reply jonno VRs it looks like I was over estimating! How much of a difference will stage 2 make over 1 I would really like to make it sound a bit better as well so I thought the exhaust downpipe and induction kit would do the trick!! Also can the car actually put down the power or is it just a waste of time?

Not sure about stage 2 as I've never considered it. I would guess at around 270bhp but others can advise better. Remember these are just peak figures too and that it's the size of area under the power curve that's most important.

My advice is try stage 1 first and see how you find it. I am constantly impressed at how quick mine is but it does sometime struggle to put the power down.

I am still waiting to rolling road mine but I have posted a link on here previously of a Scirocco at stage 2 pushing out over 300. Some will say very optimistic but it was dyno'd on a Dyno dynamics which are meant to be pretty accurate. Mine certainly feels savage compared to stage 1.

Wow that's pretty impressive Nobafett! Thanks for the info, How well dose it put the power down? Would my dsg need any upgrading ie wet clutch pack? What mods have you got? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very interested thanks again

Jonno VRs - thanks for your advice if it's strugling to put power down at stage one I expect it would be quite bad at stage 2 without a LSD but is your car's suspension standard? I hear whiteline's antilift kit can improve it?? Thanks

I have no idea about the DSG unfortunately as mines a manual. All my mods listed in my sig and definitely help with putting power down. However, don't even bother in the wet, wheels spinning at 75 in 3rd the other day. In the dry though it's fine, unless you just floor the throttle. Forgetting the improvement in power/torque I found stage 2 to be much nicer than 1 with regards to smoothness and power delivery. Performance clutch was a must though as the original started slipping immediately in 4-6 when booting it. It's great now and even enabled me to turn the revo map upto performance mode 3 which is meant for 100 Ron fuel but runs great on Tesco 99 and Shell optimax. Did have a cylinder misfire the other day which is still being investigated but car was running absolutely fine afterwards so shouldn't be anything major.

That's what i was worried about maybe I'll just have to do stage 1 till I've got the money to get a LSD!! I want a fast but drivable car! That much wheel spin must be a bit of a nightmare! Its a shame tho cos id love a throatier sound but if I get induction kit n exhaust I'd have to go to stage 2 wouldn't I? I hope you get the misfire sorted ok I'll have a look at your sig to see your mods thanks with regard to the smoothness of the map would the shark performance one be a better one (smoother) for stage 1? I hear quite a lot of good things about them thanks for your opinions

Wow that's pretty impressive Nobafett! Thanks for the info, How well dose it put the power down? Would my dsg need any upgrading ie wet clutch pack? What mods have you got? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very interested thanks again

Jonno VRs - thanks for your advice if it's strugling to put power down at stage one I expect it would be quite bad at stage 2 without a LSD but is your car's suspension standard? I hear whiteline's antilift kit can improve it?? Thanks

My suspension is koni fsds and eibach pro springs. Certainly manages the extra power better than the standard setup.

What's needed for stage 2, downpipe and intake if I recall although downpipe not essential? I can't really justify the expense which I reckon would be about £800 - 1k.

Many on here will recommend Shark but I would recommend Revo. My mate had both on his vrs but preferred the Revo.

admittedly it dose I just havn't changed it I did have a diesel but changed it for the tsi as I'm no longer doing that many miles!

Thanks for all your advice people I hope your thoughts on the subject keep coming

I just need to work on the mrs to let me do it now!!! ;-)

admittedly it dose I just havn't changed it I did have a diesel but changed it for the tsi as I'm no longer doing that many miles!

Thanks for all your advice people I hope your thoughts on the subject keep coming

I just need to work on the mrs to let me do it now!!! ;-)

I told my mrs to think of it as part of the cost of the car to make it the car I wanted so got everything done on day 2 of ownership. Many thought I was mad spending £1k+ on a brand new car but they don't understand.

I told my mrs to think of it as part of the cost of the car to make it the car I wanted so got everything done on day 2 of ownership. Many thought I was mad spending £1k+ on a brand new car but they don't understand.

I like your style, sounds like a plan !!!

Have you decided who is doing your stage 2 yet?

I'm stil trying to decide if I should just get stage 1 or go all the way and get stage 2 ! What's your thoughts?

Who would you recommend?

The reason I ask is because I see you have DSG. There have been a few threads regarding lag after gear change, this maybe down to individual tuners but who knows. I thought you should see Here so you can be aware.

As for maps obviously I would recommend DNA tuning who I'm with but also APR seem to be causing a bit of a stir over here lately. Revo and R-tec spring to mind too.

The reason I ask is because I see you have DSG. There have been a few threads regarding lag after gear change, this maybe down to individual tuners but who knows. I thought you should see Here so you can be aware.

As for maps obviously I would recommend DNA tuning who I'm with but also APR seem to be causing a bit of a stir over here lately. Revo and R-tec spring to mind too.

Thanks for the heads up it's an interesting read, this is the first I've heard of problems with mapping dsg cars! I thought there mite be a clutch sort of problem not a software one.Somthing I need to look into more I think, has anyone on here got any experience with mapping a car with dsg?