Current options - but worried about going 'chavvy'

Am considering trading the TSI DSG VRS in for a TDI DSG VRS putting aside the financial issues which are negligible as I am getting a good deal.

I currently have a FL candy white with Bluetooth, auto lights, spare wheel, heated seats, parking sensors, so that is my spec for the new one, however as you know you can now have the new alcantara black interior with red stitching,personally I like the contrast the silv seats give, so will keep them, but I also fancy a green one, but it would have to have black wheels, but would that be too 'chavvy', or stay with the white and have black wheels, but would that look to 'chavvy' as well??

I am mid-30's and not normally into customising cars too much as I like the oem finish on them, owever with these options now available I am thinking it might be nice to be a bit different, but what do people think, or has anyone got any pics of a white fl octavia VRS with black wheels at all??

Been told its a 15 week wait at the moment which is fine with me.

Also are they still getting free Amundsen sat nav upgrades these days??

Thanks James

FREE BLOOMIN WHAT??? better not be I didn't get one! But as for the car you and only you know exactly which combination you would like the best sod anyone else's opinions. White is stunning but the new green would for a good while definitely make you stand out in a rare new colour will be a good while before they look common.

At the end of the day, one man's 'chavvy' is another man's tasteful

I might be a relatively extreme case, but I wouldn't have done half the things I've done to my car if I'd asked people's opinion first

Modding is a personal thing, and you're the owner and driver, so if you like it, go for it

I might be a relatively extreme case, but I wouldn't have done half the things I've done to my car if I'd asked people's opinion first

Modding is a personal thing, and you're the owner and driver, so if you like it, go for it

Agree with this. It would be a bit dull if we all liked the same things.

Agreed, i dont think it will look chavvy, chavvy to me is a big bore exhaust, 6x9's in the parcel shelf, chopped springs and blue lights on the windscreen washers.

What you want to do is tasteful in my opinion, i have to say this though, my alloys are white on a race blue Octy :)

White with black sounds nice, green with black also sounds good.

How much do you want to be noticed? Green - everywhere you go, white is a tad more subtle.

How much do you want to use the lead foot? Green - the world and his wife will want a race, saying that the white with black wheels would still get attention.

Spec sounds good.

What I would say is to think ahead, is a Rallye Green going to be to everyones taste 2 or 3 years down the line?

Chav! :rofl:

Maybe in your opinion but to me looks the dogs balls :)

another meaning to chav when associated with a car..they are the next jenson button when town speed limits apply but get them on an open road they poo bricks :rofl:

Typical, type a reply then it lost it all!!

Anyway, I like the idea of both with black wheels, but can't decide if green is a bit 'midlife crisis!!!' maybe?? But it still looks great although it needs black trim in my view.

I like how mine is subtle at the moment, I love the TSI engine, just purely a case of I can get a good deal on oing to TDI plus it will save me at the pump, purely those reasons, I live in a fairly hilly area and struggle to get 20mpg so figure that if I can get low 30's round town with a TDI then it's the sensible way forward? At least I would seem to have a good compromise between performance and economy maybe??

All fod for thought over the weekend I think??

Anyway, I like the idea of both with black wheels, but can't decide if green is a bit 'midlife crisis!!!' maybe?? But it still looks great although it needs black trim in my view.

I like how mine is subtle at the moment, I love the TSI engine, just purely a case of I can get a good deal on oing to TDI plus it will save me at the pump, purely those reasons, I live in a fairly hilly area and struggle to get 20mpg so figure that if I can get low 30's round town with a TDI then it's the sensible way forward? At least I would seem to have a good compromise between performance and economy maybe??

All fod for thought over the weekend I think??

I would suggest test driving a CR before making your mind up.

James

You will get 30+ in town no prob and 45 - 50 elsewhere.

As for green - personally I wouldn't want to have "Thunderbird 2" on my driveway but I wouldn't be at all suprised if Brimma goes for it next time round including the uniform :-) I agree with what he said though - you're the driver so it's up to you - sod everybody else!

Even though mines blue it's still something of a "sleeper" and I like that. My previous one in black even more so and you could get quite rapidly from A to B without attracting too much attention. Try that in a white or green one ..........

I didn't have a choice of colour this time round - wrote off the black one and needed something quick - my blue one was such a steal I didn't argue. If I had the choice again I'd have an Anthracite one with the new seats........and if you really ant to go green then get it with the new seats and we can swap with my ones and a cash adjustment :rofl:

I saw a rallye green one and even the wife was impressed. I think "out there" colours are here to stay for a good while, and with black wheels? Oh eye! It is what I'd personnally go for. For me, black and green go together a lot better than silver and green! It's more of an eye pleasing combination. Not that i'm Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, but it just works a lot better in my eyes. As long as you think it works, then happy days. By the sound of it, you just after a little encouragement! Go on son. It deserves Gloss black wheels!

Mine's a yellow one if you want something different, but I don't want to see too many of them about please... :rofl:

Shhhhhh......if you're not careful someone will come along and tell you it looks like Thunderbird 4 B)

Am considering trading the TSI DSG VRS in for a TDI DSG VRS putting aside the financial issues which are negligible as I am getting a good deal.

I currently have a FL candy white with Bluetooth, auto lights, spare wheel, heated seats, parking sensors, so that is my spec for the new one, however as you know you can now have the new alcantara black interior with red stitching,personally I like the contrast the silv seats give, so will keep them, but I also fancy a green one, but it would have to have black wheels, but would that be too 'chavvy', or stay with the white and have black wheels, but would that look to 'chavvy' as well??

I am mid-30's and not normally into customising cars too much as I like the oem finish on them, owever with these options now available I am thinking it might be nice to be a bit different, but what do people think, or has anyone got any pics of a white fl octavia VRS with black wheels at all??

Been told its a 15 week wait at the moment which is fine with me.

Also are they still getting free Amundsen sat nav upgrades these days??

Thanks James

hi james

can i ask where abouts i devon you live and what dealership yoou are using

dont worry not going to nick your deal but my parents live in devon (witheridge) and ive been trying to get them in to a skoda but they say there are no good skoda dealers down there

Anyway, I like the idea of both with black wheels, but can't decide if green is a bit 'midlife crisis!!!' maybe??

doesn't apply to you for some time so no!

My wife says it is a midlife crisis!

I like the green, but I like the white as well, looking at the Skoda used site there is a demo of the green one with black wheels etc in Yeovil, so I might pop up and have a look at it, it wont hurt to look :-)

I think providing the figures are confirmed as working when I pop in the dealer this week, then I think I will probably go for it, I did have a CR170 for a few days a while back as a demo and its no where near as nice as the petrol version in my view, but, this is more about money and economy than performance, so I figure that at least having the diesel its seems like a reasonable compromise.

I would be tempted with the black seats with the red stitching but just concerned that it would be too dark in there, but if I could swap the black carbon inserts for the silver ones then I could be tempted with it.....

@david allcock I use Murrays in Newton Abbot they are a VW and Skoda franchise on the same site, have used them for both brands for many years, and there is very little staff turnover which in my view is worth a lot as they all know me, what I like etc they wont match DTD prices but they will get close, but sometimes its worth paying a few quid extra for that 'working relationship' to be favourable to me, just my view, but if you want the details of who to deal with then PM and I can put you in touch, tell them I sent your parents and they will look after them.

Bit confused as to why you would chop in a TFSI for a CR TDI. Regardless of how good the deal is there is surely still a fairly hefty cost to change? Plus the ever increasing gap between the cost of petrol and diesel, I'd be very interested to know how many miles you would need to travel to make all that money back......... And besides a petrol is so much nicer to drive (my own opinion of course :-) )