Activation

And also lane change (I think it is called) set from 3 blinks to 5. Really wanna do that to mine.

That's the 'comfort indicators' IIRC.

Not sure about a Fabia but some of the popular changes on the other models are:

alarm chirps

selective unlocking

anti hi-jack

seat belt warnings dissabled

staging (needle sweep on ignition on)

large digital MPH display

CH / LH lights

Assuming this is for a MKII as your sidebar says 2006 vRS.

You can ask, depending on how good they are they will either:

1/ do them FOC

2/ do them for an hourly rate (15 - 30 mins maximum)

3/ tell you they cannot be done on your car (they can)

VCDS is much more user freindly and usually much cheaper than getting your local dealer to do them.

I think they are called "Convenience" signals... Bloody inconvenient to my learners. Explain exactly how they work and advise them to leave the signal alone if they accidentally apply it yet they still try turning the signal off. Turn left, turn right, turn left, turn right... Leave the flaming stalk alone!!!

LOL!

You can ask, depending on how good they are they will either:

1/ do them FOC

2/ do them for an hourly rate (15 - 30 mins maximum)

3/ tell you they cannot be done on your car (they can)

VCDS is much more user freindly and usually much cheaper than getting your local dealer to do them.

I had the 3 rd response told me I did not have maxi dot ? And I have as its standard fit with Amundsen sat nav , IDIOTS!,,,

Ok well we ran into problems yesterday, they couldn't find the mph display to activate which was annoying. They did say however if I could fin any more information on this, it's name and where it's found in the system they will do it for me. Hellp :)

Ok well we ran into problems yesterday, they couldn't find the mph display to activate which was annoying. They did say however if I could fin any more information on this, it's name and where it's found in the system they will do it for me. Hellp :)

On mine I changed the country from UK to Australia and the option becomes available,

With VCDS it is done as follows:

You can remove the small KPH display and replace it with a large MPH display:

imgp6365z.jpg

However you will need both maxidot fitted to the car (as shown above) and someone with VCDS to change the country setting to Australia:

To set the country to Australia:

To change the country go to 17- Instruments and click on "Coding - 07"

17-Instruments-1.png

Then click on "Long Coding Helper"

17coding-1.jpg

Finally under Bit 4 select "70 Country: Australia (AUS)"

Longcoding-Australia-1.jpg

Exit this screen and you will return to the previous screen (with the current & new coding displayed) you see that the long coding has changed, click on "Do it!" all will then be saved.

Once you have made the changes with VCDS you then need to go into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

You can also remove the KPH display and replace it with the outside temperature:

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

• Like 1