Activation

Can the vcds stuff be applied to non maxi-dott vehicles? I assume some can but not all functions. Mine is a 59 plate Greenline. Ta!

Certain things can yes, where you will struggle is with most things that are displayed on the maxidot (like the large MPH display)

I am in Folkestone (well Hawkinge actually) and have VCDS :thumbup:

Are you free on Sunday between 12.00 and 4.00pm..? If so how much would you charge do change few bits on my Fabia (no maxi dot)...??? Or if you prefer to have a chat pm me your number and I'll call you. Thanks for the reply tho. Matty

That's the 'comfort indicators' IIRC.

Not sure about a Fabia but some of the popular changes on the other models are:

alarm chirps

selective unlocking

anti hi-jack

seat belt warnings dissabled

staging (needle sweep on ignition on)

large digital MPH display

CH / LH lights

Assuming this is for a MKII as your sidebar says 2006 vRS.

Sorry what are CH /LH lights??

Only order my Monte Carlo a few weeks ago so I would be interested in getting a list of these changes together so I can let them know what I want done before I pick it up.

Is there a list somewhere with explanations?

Thanks!

Edited by monte

CH is coming home lights and LH is leaving home lights.

Basically this means that when you arrive somewhere in the dark the lights either stop on for a set amount of time (normally 20 seconds - but this can be altered) when the key is removed, if you do not have IIRC auto lights etc then you may need to activate them every time by flashing your lights once.

When you arrive back at the car (in the dark) and unlock the car the headlights come on lighting you path to the car (you can use the front fog lights instead of the headlights if you wish - useful for xenon equipped cars)

• Like 1

Basically this means that when you arrive somewhere in the dark the lights either stop on for a set amount of time (normally 20 seconds - but this can be altered) when the key is removed, if you do not have IIRC auto lights etc then you may need to activate them every time by flashing your lights once.

When you arrive back at the car (in the dark) and unlock the car the headlights come on lighting you path to the car (you can use the front fog lights instead of the headlights if you wish - useful for xenon equipped cars)

Cheers!!

Anyone around warrington who can sort this out for me once I get my car?

My dealer couldn't activate ch/lh lights :-( said they couldn't find it anywhere...booooo!

Cheers!!

Anyone around warrington who can sort this out for me once I get my car?

Come to the NW meet, see the meets section.

Usually always someone with VCDS if you ask and the meet is in Warrington!

Perfect ;)

• Like 1

Come to the NW meet, see the meets section.

Usually always someone with VCDS if you ask and the meet is in Warrington!

Perfect ;)

Excellent I'll keep an eye out. Got to wait for the car yet. Says estimated April, but don't have a build date yet so who knows...