New vRS on Thursday....hoooraayy!

Hi All,

Feels like a long while now but picking up my new car on Thursday. It will be the first time I've got a new car on the first day of registration so I'll have a '12' plate.

I've gone for a vRS CR Estate in race blue and it's got the new black/red alacantara interior with quite a few options.

Will post pics and some thoughts when I can, it will be getting 200 miles straight on the clock as I need to drive it up to North Scotland so will get a decent run in day 1.

Do cars need 'run in' these days before giving it a bit of a push?

Dougall

Congratulations, makes my 11 plate old !

And as I picked my car up on Mar 1st last year I've just had to put another 12 months tax on it today !

I don't think you have to run modern cars in these days, I didn't drive mine any different from the minute I picked it up ! And if you see the way they are driven off the ship it's too late to run it in !

Good luck with car.

Wait for oil temp to get up to temp and thrash it without hitting the redline, through the gears.

This will bed the piston rings in better resulting in much less oil usage and more power!

Thanks guys - I've not seen a race blue one yet with the new interior so can't wait for it.

So it's treat it nice or a bit of a thrash once the oil is up to temp.

I've gone for maxi-dot and understand the oil temp is one there. Does it display an actual temperature? what is temp is considered 'warmed' up?

Dougall

It displays the actual temp, well it displays --- until 50. 85 and above is fully warm.

Enjoy.

Can't wait to see the pictures, I have the same but in a Hatch, its waiting to be shipped can't wait! :)

This is my second new Octavia and I hope its as good as the last one.

Can't wait to see the pictures, I have the same but in a Hatch, its waiting to be shipped can't wait! :)

This is my second new Octavia and I hope its as good as the last one.

I think mine must have been lucky with the boat as it made it over here really quickly. Our specs are similar, have also gone for the xenons, front & rear PDC, auto lights/wipers and spare wheel. No bluetooth as it's not DSG or the midi but added the sunset glass, maxi-dot and silver roof rails.

Unless things have changed since 08 ,I was told for first thousand miles don't take it above 3k regarding and don't let the engine labour.

its an old wives tale. Since when have car dealers ever told the truth anyway.

Done 25k in mine and used 0.5 litre of oil overall apart from the service.

Please let us know if your post March vehicles have the new Skoda badges on or not. I was under the impression they would and if I know they are available I'll be able to get my mits on a set.

They don't have the new skoda badge, or my week 6 car doesn't anyway. Thursday for me too (if the dvla come up trumps with my reg), I've gone for a steel grey hatch... Pleasantly surprised by the colour, I've never seen one in a vRS before.

They don't have the new skoda badge, or my week 6 car doesn't anyway. Thursday for me too (if the dvla come up trumps with my reg), I've gone for a steel grey hatch... Pleasantly surprised by the colour, I've never seen one in a vRS before.

Oh right. I was told that My12 cars were all going to sport the new badges, so would appear that is not the case then. Wonder when they will start filtering down.

Hey guys,

I would appreciate a few interior shots of the Black Alcantara with red stitch. > Did you got for red stitch on steering wheel as well?

Also interested in seeing the Steel Grey vRS..

So many choices with only one car in mind :whew:

I had a car that was babied around by an 80-odd year old for the first 3K of it's life. To this day I am adamant that was why that particular car (vRS 1.4TSI) drank oil like an absolute fish.

Wait for it to warm up, get out there and drive it. Hard.

Hey guys,

I would appreciate a few interior shots of the Black Alcantara with red stitch. > Did you got for red stitch on steering wheel as well?

Also interested in seeing the Steel Grey vRS..

So many choices with only one car in mind :whew:

The red stitch is on the steering wheel, gear stick gaitor, seats, headrests and a little bit on the door panels. I think it looks brilliant

Loving the interior - is the grey alcantara an option or is that standard now instead of the white?

Can't find any pics of a Steel Grey VRS but found a non VRS and i reckon it will look awesome:

skoda_octavia_diesel_hatchback_2_0_tdi_cr_se_plus_5dr_94746885423159925.jpg

Congratulations, makes my 11 plate old !

And as I picked my car up on Mar 1st last year I've just had to put another 12 months tax on it today !

I don't think you have to run modern cars in these days, I didn't drive mine any different from the minute I picked it up ! And if you see the way they are driven off the ship it's too late to run it in !

Makes my 08 plate look even older :moon:

Looking at changing over this year or early next year.Not sure if i'm gonna go for another octy though.Been looking at other cars already but i just don't know.

• Like 1

I'd drive it easy enough for the first 500 miles anyway not passing 3k rpm, that s just a mechanics point of view :)

I can assure you that the car will have been thrashed passed 3k and on a cold engine !

That's from someone that has sailed on a Grimaldi line car carrier that had 5000 new cars on it and were delivered to the UK and Med ports !

Edited by Bullit

Picking up my octy Vrs on Thursday as well. 1st time for me as well picking up new car on 1st day of new reg. I only went in to have the fabia serviced 3 weeks ago. Probably the most expensive service I ever had done. Well thought I treat myself for a change :)

Congrats on getting your new car, there's no better feeling than picking up your new car on the 1st day of the new registration. Wish I could have got mine new but couldn't stretch to it after losing so much money on my last 2 cars. Picked up my Insignia on 1st march 09. Didn't get told anything about running it in. However when I picked up my Sportage in Nov 10 I got told to try to avoid keeping the engine at a constant speed. Was told to try and vary the speed I drive at. Not good when I was driving back from Essex to Portsmouth