Audi S3 alloyi front hubs?

This thread is really useful if you have not already seen it http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225606-front-suspension-alloy-bottom-arms/

For Mk1 so limited use to be honest. Still interesting read though. Mk2 tt hubs don't fit by the sounds of it due to different rack. Tt arms (or superpro) and s3 hubs are the way IMO

All future planning... Just stockpiling bits for when I get bored ;)

I know someone that is running S3 arms and hubs on a facelift Octavia. :blush:

S3 arms opposed to tt? No camber adjust?

Just got some s3 hubs for £100 for the pair :)

S3 arms opposed to tt? No camber adjust?

Just got some s3 hubs for £100 for the pair :)

Yup just S3 Arms. Alloy as opposed to the pressed steel OEM ones.

Make sure you get all the right nuts and bolts for the S3 hubs as the vRS ones wont fit. Wheel bearings are fine though. :)

Yup just S3 Arms. Alloy as opposed to the pressed steel OEM ones.

Make sure you get all the right nuts and bolts for the S3 hubs as the vRS ones wont fit. Wheel bearings are fine though. :)

Good point with the bolts etc! Ill make sure I get them at the same time.

Re s3 v tt arms - yes both are alloy but tt has caster adjust on them. S3 doesn't. Both give extra neg camber as they are longer.

How are you finding them? Any difference?

Good point with the bolts etc! Ill make sure I get them at the same time.

Re s3 v tt arms - yes both are alloy but tt has caster adjust on them. S3 doesn't. Both give extra neg camber as they are longer.

How are you finding them? Any difference?

I fitted them to offset the R32 fronts I was fitting at the time so no obvious "benefit".

I believe the hubs give you a slightly wider track over standard also but once again you would need to measure before and after to be sure.

I can't remember what I paid for the hubs around £130 I think.

I fitted them to offset the R32 fronts I was fitting at the time so no obvious "benefit".

I believe the hubs give you a slightly wider track over standard also but once again you would need to measure before and after to be sure.

I can't remember what I paid for the hubs around £130 I think.

Yeah the r32 dinner plates are very heavy! My project is very long term... I'll be going two piece front 312mm purey for weight - about half the standard disk.

Really happy with the vrs as an all rounder - just steering feel lets it down IMO. A quicker ratio rack would be nice (gta alfa I've just come from was a bit too extreme though making tescos car park a nightmare) 2.5 rack would be good but pipe dream due to electric assist I believe?

You should be looking at the NQSBBK for lightweight brakes. ;)

The steering otherwise is fine if a bit light. I'm also running KW V1's which I really like. :)

You should be looking at the NQSBBK for lightweight brakes. ;)

The steering otherwise is fine if a bit light. I'm also running KW V1's which I really like. :)

Hedge - quick question; did you weigh the S3 hubs before they went on? Any idea on the weight saving over stock?

According to someone else the original hub is 6.2kg and the S3 hub saves 1.3kg

The S3 arms also save 1.3kg over the OEM ones.

In my case I did it to offset the weight of the S3/R32/Cupra brakes as those cars come with the majority of the alloy parts from the factory.

Hedge - quick question; did you weigh the S3 hubs before they went on? Any idea on the weight saving over stock?

- standard hubs (without bearing) > 4.4Kg

- S3 alloy hub (without bearing) > 2.9Kg