New vRS "Carbon Look" interiors

Hi all,

i don't know if someone already shown it, i went today to see my brand new Estate vRS and i found the interiors are different than before.. Carbon Look (more or less) instead Aluminum. Don't know now which are better..

Here's a pic!

I'm not just saying this because y car is almost 12 months old and I have the "aluminium style" inserts, but I prefer them to the newer carbon ones. Just my own personal preference.

• Like 1

I just don't like any carbon effect. If it's not real carbon, then Skoda should have left it alone. Or offered colour coded gloss inserts.

I agree! I think i would like more the Aluminum.. Plus it's not even very carbon look, it looks more like small triangles..

Anyway, it's an RS so.. i will love it anyway!

I just don't like any carbon effect. If it's not real carbon, then Skoda should have left it alone. Or offered colour coded gloss inserts.

Agree fully. Fake carbon is tacky! Glossy trim however can look very smart imo.

Picked a new car up today , carbon looks pretty good i reckon , better than the painted silver in mine.

What color did you get?

Post up pics inside and out please.

Don't get me wrong, the interior would have looked awesome if they were real carbon. But if I wanted fake carbon I would go to Halfords for some ripspeed carbon wrap.

I think that could be an underestimation to be fair.

I really do no think it would look that bad.. Have you seen one in the flesh to make this assumption?

I really do no think it would look that bad.. Have you seen one in the flesh to make this assumption?

I'm a massive fan of Carbon Fibre, my mountain bike's made of the stuff (frame, bars, seat post), I work in Aviation and see the good stuff all the time. It's very impressive material and when done properly looks bloody gorgeous! It reflects deep, multicoloured 'haze' in good light.OTOH, I've seen loads of sh1te, pretend, effect, look stuff, even the best looking crap is still crap (see Halfords comment earlier) and shouldn't be allowed on the VRS (probably the same idiot that said UK can't have folding mirrors). I'm just very, very glad mine was built before this abomination came into being!This may seem harsh, but it is just my opinion! If you like it then fair enough, hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! ;)

• Like 2

I'm a massive fan of Carbon Fibre, my mountain bike's made of the stuff (frame, bars, seat post), I work in Aviation and see the good stuff all the time. It's very impressive material and when done properly looks bloody gorgeous! It reflects deep, multicoloured 'haze' in good light.

OTOH, I've seen loads of sh1te, pretend, effect, look stuff, even the best looking crap is still crap (see Halfords comment earlier) and shouldn't be allowed on the VRS (probably the same idiot that said UK can't have folding mirrors). I'm just very, very glad mine was built before this abomination came into being!

This may seem harsh, but it is just my opinion! If you like it then fair enough, hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! ;)

• Like 1

I hate that cheap crap silver sprayed on rubbish in the older vRS. I am so glad they changed it for something that looks more refined, well done Skoda! A massive step in the right direction. Sorry if this has offended anyone with the cheap attempt at looking sporty silver crap, don't mean to sound condescending or patronising. LOL! ;)

• Like 1

Not in the flesh, but I thought we were posting our opinion on the OP's photograph, to which my previous comments stand. The only assumption I've made is that, judging by the Octavia's OTR price tag it's not made from Carbon Fibre.

I hate that cheap crap silver sprayed on rubbish in the older vRS. I am so glad they changed it for something that looks more refined, well done Skoda! A massive step in the right direction. Sorry if this has offended anyone with the cheap attempt at looking sporty silver crap, don't mean to sound condescending or patronising. LOL! ;)

I totally understand, you're the one with a cheap crap coloured car ;)

Not in the flesh, but I thought we were posting our opinion on the OP's photograph, to which my previous comments stand. The only assumption I've made is that, judging by the Octavia's OTR price tag it's not made from Carbon Fibre.

Judging by the comments posted here it appeared to me that the discussion was on the "Carbon look" material Skoda was now using in the vRS and not directly to the OP's car.

Come to think of it the silver trim is crap, the fake carbon trim is crap, the photo is crap. I think I have covered everything. :whew:

PS...The vRS is crap and Skodas in general, all crap........and here is the yawning thingy. :yawn: