No jacking on rear axle sticker.

Slightly nerdish question I know, but when I picked up my new L&K yesterday, the envelope, who's contents should have been sorted by the dealer, was still sealed. Amongst the various documents etc. were some stickers. I know where two of them should go, as my previous elegance had them, but the third one is puzzling me. This one has the following wording. WARNING. No jacking or tie down on this rear axle beam. Anyone know where to stick this, and I do mean on the car!

What kind of pikey dealers cant even do that surely it was part of PDI and they should be used to doing them wonder if there was anything else they bothered to do or not do! Name and shame please :blush:

• Like 1

My Scout has one on the rear suspension.

You can just see the square white sticker near the exhaust back box...

SuspensionSticker.jpg

lololololol at numberplate sell it to a new vauxhall owner quick!

You got a new Scout Silver and not told us?

I'm sure you didn't have a silver/blue 60 plate before!

Haha, I wish, they are too expensive these days!

I stole the picture off Skoda's used car site, although I have to admit it got me looking at what was available.

Thanks for the info.silver1011. Having bought various new cars in the last 36 years, I've come to expect this sort of service, the notable exception being my local Toyota dealer. They also only managed to get the correct pressure in one out of the four tyres! As I say, this does not amaze me at all, but even in trying times, dealers still can't get their act together.

I agree, not performing a PDI in full is very naughty indeed.

Then again, the manufacturers pay the dealer next to sod all to perform a PDI........

The manufactuer pays nothing to do the PDI, it's chargeable to the sales dept iirc

The manufactuer pays nothing to do the PDI, it's chargeable to the sales dept iirc

Yep, but the sale of a new car includes a PDI fee as part of the OTR price, which is set by the manufacturer. In the old days it used to be about £100 and that had to include all the valeting as well. Not sure what it is nowadays as have been out of the trade for a while.

£100 doesn't buy you much in the way of valeting and workshop time.