soupafly

Post #74 - "Vw released this just before they bought out the new shape Passat"

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree, but I very much doubt if Skoda are bring out a new shape YETI after just 3 years from launch. A mid term face-lift maybe. I think the rationale behind Skoda's thinking, was to try and attract a younger customer - on that point they failed with me as I am 60.

Edited by Truthseeker

• 3 months later...

This is probably the closest to what the facelift Yeti will look like:

bardaf-yeti-img.jpg

skoda-yeti-yeti_sm_600_50179dc90f51c-img.jpg

I prefer the red one with the slightly raised headlights making it looking a little friendlier. But that is alas just a photoshop of the existing headlights that have that shape. The yellow one's stright brow is alas more in keeping with the current Škoda design thinking. Not very friendly looking.

It's not bad par se but sadly takes away one of the Yeti's most distinctive elements: the front fog lamps.

Neither of those would persuade me to switch to a facelift; one of my favourite features the Monsters 'eyes'. Looks like the old girl will be soldiering one for sometime yet; 2015+

Just need to get rid of the pesky rattles in the boot; driving me mad at the moment :rofl: but the local dealers are hopeless with that type of work :S

TP

• Like 1

+ 2. So damn boring, the reason I didn't buy a Golf - (All the Car you will ever need!!!) - is because the Yeti looked that bit different from the mass of alternatives. Make the Yeti look like any other softroader then what is the point? Skoda would be mad to lose their one real point of difference.

This is the closest we get, it was publish in August 2012.

Did IAB accidentally reveal the Skoda Yeti facelift’s face?

Skoda-BigFoot-or-Skoda-Snowman-300x225.jpg

2013 Skoda Yeti Design Changes -

• The upcoming facelift is comprehensive one with Yeti getting a ‘tougher’ look.
  • The new Skoda Yeti is expected to get squared headlights with beveled corners and square fog lights like the European Rapid.
  • Skoda chief designer Jozef Kaban wanted the round fog lights to stay in the facelift because he thought it gave the Yeti a ‘Lion-like’ stance.
  • However, he eventually settled for a rectangular fog lights because it was necessary that all models had a single connector design line.
  • The new design will also incorporate changes to the rear fascia. The Yeti will get new rear lights that will protrude into the side profile of the body.
  • Skoda’s design team is also contemplating on usage of LEDs. They will use the LED technology the form of tubes, not the individual points to differentiate it from Audi models.
  • Two vertical kinks will feature on the back door under the license plate lights – just like the Skoda Rapid.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/08/2014-skoda-yeti-facelift-face-rendering

This is the closest we get, it was publish in August 2012.

Did IAB accidentally reveal the Skoda Yeti facelift’s face?

Quite clearly that is NOT an "accidental early reveal"! Just look at the B-pillar!!! Škoda won't spend money changing door skins and take away the only other distinctive Yeti feature that's left - after taking away the fogs. Nope that's just another stupid Photoshop image done on a VW Tiguan.

No way is this the facelift unless Skoda has money to burn. Clearly a photoshop bodge that if was

real would cost a fortune to produce with what looks like every panel is new...a minor facelift

can cost of the order of £10's millions if not a £100m, a major body refresh of all panels £500 million

a complete new car and engine £1000m. All the comments about a KIA clone could come to bite them

in journalistic comments which won't do the Yeti much good.

As the sales are very bouyant I would expect only a minor tweak. I would be happy if they

just did a minor update that addressed some of the niggles that forum members have with

the current model. Skoda don't even have to do much market research as this forum's input comes for free. However I will be suitably amazed if they take much notice of any of it.