Diesel nozzle won

Hi, Only just seen this thread so apologies for late addition. Its not you, it seems to be a VAG problem. I've got a 59 plate diesel Octy and have had issues with refuelling from day 1. Last week at Sainsburys filling station was a classic - I only managed to get £1.12 of diesel into a car with a nearly empty tank. Felt embarrassed when rocking up to the pay point but was told not to worry as they often seen this with VAG cars. I just wonder what the attitude will be at one of those garages that has a minmum spend. In similar vein I've not yet found one of those devices that prevents filling with petrol on a diesel that works reliably on an Octy.

There was one fitted to my Octy when it was on Sherlodge's forecourt, seemed to work ok. Not had any problem with Sainsburys, Shell, Tesco, Morrisions or Asda, and I've been around a bit in this car.

Also never had a problem with the Fun Truck, the 3 Golfs I've had or the Passat. (or any other car I've used)

Just another reason why its goodbye Octy when the warranty expires.

If you're that unhappy with it, why wait?

Has anyone had the problem I sometimes get, the nozzle goes in OK but you just cannot get a full tank as the fuel comes back up and cuts it off, this has happened several times over the last 3.5 years even using the same pump

Just going to fill up as the warning light came on today.

Can only really remember one nozzle as being truculent and no it was not a truck one.

Once in France I filled up my Passat from a truck pump (shorter queues) nae bother ataw!