16" Alloys Confirmed!

Runswick Stag

Thats a good point, which is weighs more? Also does the increase in profile on the 16" increase or decrease road noise?

Still waiting to hear about my downgrade, fingers crossed.

Road noise often depends on the tyre manufacture, tread design and depth of tread remaining, plus road surface, as much as profile. However I am happier with the 16" set-up in that regard from my own experience.

In respect of weight I don't think there's much in it to be fair, if anything I would have thought the 16" would be a tad lighter and that's one of the reasons the GreenLine has sixteen's albeit with 205/55 tyres.

TP

Well, after an initia hiccup with a not-so helpful SUK member of staff, I have now had my Elegance spec'd with 16" wheels by a very helpful member of SUK.

All s good now. :blush:

Did you remember the name of the helpful one? Always useful. Or even the less than helpful one? one to avoid!

Welcome to the 'UK Special Build Club'! Do you have a delivery date forecast?

Well brijo, to be honest I'm reading nothing into my delivery/build date as it has changed wildly over last 3 weeks. Earlier this week build date was looking like week 22 but who knows what tomorrow might suggest!

Did you remember the name of the helpful one? Always useful. Or even the less than helpful one? one to avoid!

The helpful (and professional) one was previously mentioned on this site here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/230334-its-on-order/page__view__findpost__p__2711440. I won't mention the name of the other one who was rather less helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a useful link for checking the rolling radius of different wheel and tyre combinations.

To the Powers-That-Be: Could this link be put in a sticky somewhere? It would be useful to have it handy in case of need. It's not Yeti-specific, of course, but I can't recall seeing mention of wheel sizes anywhere else in the forum.

(Now tell me that it's already there....)