Clio 200

and you're point is ?

ERM ....... The VRS looks like a whimp next to the Clio 200 ? :think:

OK, what you wanted was, the Clio looks like a real hot hatch in comparison. The VRS looks tall, slab sided, and generally unsporty side by side. That good enough ?

I have a VRS, but that's my opinion in the looks dept. If I didn't need an automatic then I may have been swayed. Trouble is though, I vowed never to have another Renault.

running costs are the only reasons id

I agree fabia ibiza and polo all feel a little disconnected from the road.

And the brakes really need upgrading to match the clio's brembos but how often is anyone in a race with another car it can be dangerous and pointless on the road

i love my car as it is and will probably just get bigger brakes and a remap and be done with it.

The only place an extra 10th of a second matters is on the track.

the standard brakes are not upto the job ive no confidence in mine :S

i had a 61 1.4 dsg polo match loan car and the brakes were so much better then mine

your have much more fun in a clio i wouldn't call the polo fun and im not sure 2.5k on mods is going to help it emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

What you chattin about? £2.5k and ide rinse the Renault round the track the brakes are good enough to 230bhp. at 210bhp ive got alot more bhp and tourque then the Clio. The brakes arnt going to be a problem yes i know the brembo's can stop a shorter distance but i can't see that distance being enough as the VRS puts the power back on to leave the corner and the clio behind, with the DSG changind gear alot faster then the clio aswel ime gonna be gone as ive only gotta keep my hands on the wheel as the DSG keeps the VRS in its power band i can concentrate on the next bend and keeping my line instead of making sure im'e doing it manualy and slowley (Hence why the WRC bosses banned the paddle shift box's in WRC and now were back to stick's. It was to easy) So im'e afraid the Clio is all dressed up with no-one to impress :)

Edited by Kie

What you chattin about? £2.5k and ide rinse the Renault round the track the brakes are good enough to 230bhp. at 210bhp ive got alot more bhp and tourque then the Clio. The brakes arnt going to be a problem yes i know the brembo's can stop a shorter distance but i can't see that distance being enough as the VRS puts the power back on to leave the corner and the clio behind, with the DSG changind gear alot faster then the clio aswel ime gonna be gone as ive only gotta keep my hands on the wheel as the DSG keeps the VRS in its power band i can concentrate on the next bend and keeping my line instead of making sure im'e doing it manualy and slowley (Hence why the WRC bosses banned the paddle shift box's in WRC and now were back to stick's. It was to easy) So im'e afraid the Clio is all dressed up with no-one to impress :)

Brakes good enough for 230hp......have you got anywhere near 230hp to warrant that quote lol. The brakes imo are one of the worst things on this car. The brakes on the RS200 are nothing short of fantastic. As for rinsing the clio on teack when modifiedid say that's latgely dependant on what track and how twisty it is. Remove the remap from the vRS and even with the susoension work id still betonthe clio pipping it

• Like 1

Renaultsport didnt spend all that time developing the carr for no reason.

But it must have cost a fortune as its clearly massively different to a normal clio just look at the difference in the arches and track. Why cant vw invest a little more in there hot hatches?

Mine has about 200bhp and the standard brakes are not enough. If I brake hard (ish) and I don't mean stamping on them, the car squirms all over the place.

Id like to hear from sy or another track man as im sure they have come across a few and especially after sy gets his coils and brakes done that thing should monster quite a lot of things on track

I have AST adjustable coilovers, engine mounts, 320mm 4 pot brakes, ARBs and poly bushes going on mine. Im hoping it will be around the same as the clio through the bends then, but I still don't expect it to have that feel.

I have had a play on track with a couple RS200s. Show us a straight and I'm gone, no contest. On the brakes they close that gap right back, on the exit of the corner im almost slowing them up until I can get traction then I'm gone again.