Creating second aerial from demister: Will these work?

A bit more information - the second aerial...for combi (Estate)...is integrated into the rear right side window.

This is what I am interested in most Josi - it seems to be the easiest way to go about it without affecting the demister.

What part number can you find for the combi (estate) aerial amp?

Can you get any pictures of the combi window aerial?

• 2 months later...

This is the standard connector on the Octavia 'whip' aerial base, but can anyone confirm for me that it is called a 'DIN' connector?

post-59543-0-11889900-1344163424_thumb.jpg

Or is it called something else?

I'm planning to extend the existing aerial cable to the NS rear side window (boot) glass and create a new window aerial there. So I need to know what connectors to get (the amp has a FAKRA connector - white colour - for FM aerial with Phantom Power).

Most likely this connector is called "RAKU II" and the corresponding female connector is called "RAST II". In FL Octavias they are replaced with FAKRA connectors.

Thanks josi.

Struggling to find someone who will make a cable with the right connectors on (this RAST II and a female FAKRA).

Is the RAST II one of these?

post-59543-0-46539100-1344200206_thumb.jpg

They refer to is as the 'TNC' range of connectors.

No, none of these are the connectors you're looking for - my guess is that you're end up having to purchase two cables and splice them together so you end up of the correct combination of connectors.

Thanks for the confirmation: Think I'll keep looking for the right cable.

I've had dealings with China RF on eBay and found their custom service very good. So I'll contact them and see if they can make a custom cable for me again.

• 11 months later...

hy,

i am also interested in this project and have some ideea :

the all VW electric circuit is for vehicles WITHOUT roof antenna, that way they have 2 antennas on rear window. One is connected to a single wire separate from the wires used to defrost window, and secod is connected to existing wire for defrost, both connected through a radio amplifier.

Leaving this radio amplifiers you need also 2 frequency filter, one on + wire and one on - wire.

Our car, have only one amplifier, on right pillar, the one connected to existing wire for defrost (on limousine ) and is OBLIGATORY to install the 2 frequency filters  and in combi vehicle is necesary only the amplifier becouse antena wire are on rear right window, and are not connected to battery, they are only for antenna.

VW have also an AM/FM filter wich our cars dosn't have it.

look this:

http://www.golfv.de/168141-thomas%C2%B4-golf-plus/thread4.html and this http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225334-some-aerial-help-please/

I also read that  this modules are different:

1k6 035 577 H and R are normal antenna, K and S for diversity models and T and AA for navigation.

Edited by sorin_ss

I have managed to solve the issue of a lack of either a rear side window aerial or wires in the rear demister.

I'll do a full write up shortly.

and Josi, i don't think that :"To convert a sedan demister to aerial, a new wiring set for rear lid with integrated frequency filters is required too, part number for pre-FL is 1Z5 971 147 B. Maybe these filters can be fitted separately from other models like VW Passat (part numbers 3C5 035 570 C for positive and 3C5 035 570 B for negative leads)"

1Z5 971 147  in octavia is the amplifier (A -sedan and B - combi) and the filters have no code, in ELSA said that they are in wiring loom.

In passat there is only one amplifier for diversity : 3C5 035 570 (don't know what letter is for) and 2 separate filters (see in link you post: nr 17 is antenna amplifier and 70  - 2 filters: on + and - wire). 3C5 035 570 are no filters!

from what i read it seems like GOlf VI had a similar wiring to skoda

i wish to do this project next week. Can you offer some info please untill then?

I have the posibility to procure 2 sets of this devices: one from a golfV and one from  a Passat but don't know wich is better for us

thank you

Basically I stole the two amps from a Touran. One for FM and one for AM/FM.

I've fitted these above the rear side windows (combi) and painted a copy of the aerial on the windows using demister repair paint.

I've used silver paint which kind of goes with the silver car, but it is fairly obvious unlike the darker and thinner pink stuff.

It works fine, possibly better than the old whip roof aerial.

I did take the headlining out to make access easier and to prevent any damage and to run a new second aerial cable to the second amp.