Dave's Darkness Update, and TURBO WOES.

Dave And Lolli

Looks wicked bud :)

Love the black lm's on there

Bring on the coilies :D

Yes Coilies are coming mid next month.

Looks tidy! As Lloyd says, lower :)

Cheers Babs, yes but not too low, wife has to drive it.

that looks very smart. what coilies you going for mate?

cheers bud.

Probably Spax RSX's as you can lower them and adjust the dampening too. then can have soft cruiser for wife and hard and lower for me when going to shows/days etc. I drive for a living again and have to go own some ****ty tracks to get to the yards, so need the option of both really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok,

So as Lloyd, god love him has let the cat out of the bag :o , I will update this.....

I have been trying to fit all my parts I have been accumulating, but unfortunately I dont have access to the unit we were going to use any more, and cant have my car off road for too long I have had to admit defeat, which goes against my nature. I have two garages, but they are full of cars. lol. One has the Corsa GSi in it and the other my Vectra Sri v6, both sorn.

So i have amassed some nice weitecs, an LCR front splitter, an FMIC and pipework, a whiteline RARB and now a nice big Decat pipe with reducer.

She will be going in to be worked on in the next couple of weeks, I have been Speaking to Clive, who is a legend, a man who can build a real monster, proof is in his thread. He is starting a company and I have taken up his services, fitting all these parts! and More!!!! Plus a lovely remap too.

This all I am going to tell you until its done! but all i can say is...........

WATCH THIS SPACE! :peek:

im watching dude... (altho u did text me what your doing the other day) but im looking forwards to it all the same.

See you on the other side mate!

• Like 1

Oooops :( sorry mate ..... My powers of crapness keep amazing me ...... My bad :(

I was tierd so my mind to mouth "finger" filter went to poop :(

Will be much awesomeness :)

Chill Buddy,

If you hadnt let it slip, I probably would have anyway, not a biggie.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops - nice ,but I thought this was something about Cameroon and Olympic problems

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, Hadn't realised no updates on here.

First One, My write up from CNTUNING experience. Link below so don't take up server space duplicating.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/247683-my-cntuning-experience/

Second One, I have fitted Some A3 turbo leather seats, both fronts and the squab of back seat, but not the upright as it would turn it into a 4 seater rather than 5.

Third one, I have also fitted a Piper exhaust system to her, non resonated with 4" round slash cut. Sounds Amazing, and Loud!

Fourth one, Tinted windows now too.

• Like 1

At the end of |September I went on Holiday to Salou, Spain From Andover in Hampshire. 1025 miles. I managed this in 3 tanks of fuel, not to be sniffed at as wasnt hanging around. the 3rd tank got me a whopping 412 miles.

It was hysterical when I started the car on the boat. a few people ducked as she popped quiet loudly.

I also managed to make mincemeat of my turbo to downpipe gasket on way down too so had to have her repaired at a local garage of which they managed to rape me of 85 Euro's for undoing 4 bolts removing gasket and putting putty there and bolting up.

Here is the only photo I managed to get of her on holiday, but where is the Darkness at?

IMGP1880.jpg

Final Update,

Wednesday night picked wife up from work, driving home, turbo went pop!!! :wall: :'( :'( :'( :'(

Luckily It appears to have started to go pop, Pulled onto roundabout and there was a massive screeching noise (no not my tyres Lloyd, or pete :rofl: ) dropped off boost, put foot own again same noise, drove home off boost, popped bonnet, and around turbo to intercooler pipe a small silicone coupler, well oil was seeping from top of that. Thank god its only 3 miles between when it happened an my house.

But it was the original turbo from new which had a blocked pick up pipe for god knows how long before stage 2 conversion. It had 125k on it, 7k at stage2, so suspect my right foot killed it off.

so the Darkness is now off the road for a while whilst she is fixed and maybe some more modifications too :bandit:

Hmmmmmm what to do next?????????

Id vote....... Get ****y :D

Or have a good think what you fancy from your motor and how long you plan to keep her

I always said id just bolt a k04-001 straight on if my turbo broke , 1 off 1 on

But then again thats due to always wanting a new car

If your planing to keep her...............

Wu ha ha ha ha ;)

Now's the time to go big turbo Dave! Or hybrid or something silly fast :)

Just found your thread - Cars looking good man, always a laugh to see ya at castle combe, hope alls good dude!

• Like 1

Viaduc De Millau

That is one big bridge !

TFSI engine conversion

:devil:

You Would be right my man. and yes it's truly impressive in the flesh.

TFSI bit beyond SWMBO leash. :sweat: . But have been given go ahead to go big turbo to a degree.

Now's the time to go big turbo Dave! Or hybrid or something silly fast :)

Just found your thread - Cars looking good man, always a laugh to see ya at castle combe, hope alls good dude!

Cheers Bud, always good to see you, Still say at some point need to have that party we talked about. :bandit:

SWMBO has sanctioned big turbo upgrade, so could be interesting, but she will remain off road until work is completed. tax runs out end of this month so will sorn her as don't see point in wasting tax if not going to be used.