what's it worth? R-reg GLiD est with 120k

Arbitration as a way forward guys? I'm pretty new to forums but anyone in any form of official capacity should lead by example. Accordingly forgive me in this case for declining the lead as I won't be FFS'ing anyone anytime soon.

Time to move on I think.

The way this site is actually going, I can see more and more using the Brisky Facebook site (which is free). Freedom membership is worth bugger all for what you get for 99% of members, and I do agree that there are a few mods on here who shall we say show zero tact & diplomacy. There is an old saying 'Give em a bit of power & they think they are Hitler' etc. I'm a mod on umpteen different forums, and I wouldn't dream of making comments like Delac did. Foot in mouth there my old sunshine.

Anyway, for the OP £250- £300 I would say, depending how bad the tin worm is.

Perhaps it is time for Colin to completely overhaul the moderators system & only allow people who actually own the types in question to moderate? It would be common sense.

The way this site is actually going, I can see more and more using the Brisky Facebook site (which is free). Freedom membership is worth bugger all for what you get for 99% of members, and I do agree that there are a few mods on here who shall we say show zero tact & diplomacy. There is an old saying 'Give em a bit of power & they think they are Hitler' etc. I'm a mod on umpteen different forums, and I wouldn't dream of making comments like Delac did. Foot in mouth there my old sunshine.

Anyway, for the OP £250- £300 I would say, depending how bad the tin worm is.

Perhaps it is time for Colin to completely overhaul the moderators system & only allow people who actually own the types in question to moderate? It would be common sense.

Good to have a voice of reason on the site in tune with most of us reasonable thinkers. If the aim is also to go about promoting new membership/inclusion to freedom, try another approach as that wouldn't remotely inspire me! The way you address things is just as important as what you have to say.

seriously guys, whats this all about? if you are really unhappy with the way the site is run nobody is making you use briskoda... theres no need for anybpdy to get a rat up thier arse et al. i must admit that i'm inclined to agree with delcalc that this is a blatently a for sale thread from the off... the subject of the wrongs and rights of freedom membership and wether or not you choose to stump up the money is neither here of there, personally i do choose to support the site by paying the £12 fee, without loyal supporters like me the site would evaporate and all you lot would have quess how to fix/upgrade your cars... i dont gain a lot from being here myself but i do contribute a fair bit on technical stuff, i'm a beligerant mother****** too so i say what i think!! it would be a shame to see this site go the same way as others i frequent...

moderator_kitteh.ashx_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

now lets be honest, none of you guys have any intention of doing one, you'll all be back... just chill out guys, the internet and forums dont exist in real life anyway, its just a bunch pseudonomous avatars of random folk and most of it is meaningless rubbish...

as for the car, its not worth an aweful lot sadly, ebay is your best bet, you might get a few hundred quid for it

The OP did clarify with:

I figured that as you guys all have Skodas, you wouldn't be interested so I wasn't going to advertise it on here.

...which is pretty much how several of us read the thread from the start. I suspect 99.99% of people on Briskoda really wouldn't be looking to buy the car in question as, like the man says, we already have Skodas, and probably ones in much better condition in the first place. It would only really be someone such as yourself that would even be vauguely interested, and let's face it, it wouldn't stay in that condition for long. (ref: Mannyo's brothers green estate).

Only two people appear to have mentally inserted the words "I want to sell this car on Briskoda."

If the response had been along the lines of "it's worth £50 max", it would be run into the ground, or just taken straight to the scapper. (I got £70 when I scrapped the old Fun truck.)

If the response had been more like "it's probably worth £4-500", it would be stuck on eBay, or the local freebie. (indeed, your last post answered what the OP was asking)

The response could have been "offer it for parts on eBay - it'll be worth more." (No-one suggested that. Again, with the scrapped Fun I made back 3 times in parts what I paid for the whole thing in the first place.)

Instead the response was ".....£12!!!"

When someone asks (rightly or wrongly) "how much?" and there's an answer of "£12" it is rather taken as joining in the conversation, whether it's made by a moderator or not. Sadly, most of us on here aren't psychic and therefore didn't know that the posting was meant as an administrive comment along the lines of "you need to be a Freedom member to advertise stuff for sale on Briskoda. Freedom is a bargin at £12 for a years membership and brings more benefits than just being allowed to sell stuff." If the moderator is bored of giving such advice (copy and paste is available on all good operating systems), maybe a change in direction for them would be better.

=============================================

So......

As the title says, I've got an R-reg, Felicia Est GLiD, bright green, a bit rusty, a bit dented, not tidy, does 80 miles a day with me. Just turned 120,000 miles.

Power steering, electric mirrors.

Sunroof did leak - I fixed it as per the thread, interior needs a good clean, MOT November, TAX til end May. Timing belt done at 110,000. I'll be doing a service tonight.

Does 52-56mpg regularly.

Thinking of selling... What's it worth?

MG

its not worth an aweful lot sadly, ebay is your best bet, you might get a few hundred quid for it

(Followed by)

If you want do to sell it on here, you'll need to be a Freedom member, a bargin at £12 a year (£20 for 2 years if you take our Freedom Saver offer)

.......does the job quite nicely. Doesn't it?

(No mention of Nazi-Mods, no mis-interpreted comments, no agitation, just more reading on the 1.8t conversion among the happy members)

It is worth mentioning that the link to becoming a Freedom member is nowhere easily found (I had to use a search), so if you're new, you wouldn't necessarily know what Freedom is. This would be where your local friendly moderator becomes your guide and offers some advice.

Edited by RainbowFore
  • Like 2

This is so far off topic, I'm locking it.

Summary

OP is looking for a value of a car he is thinking of selling, the original post has a little too much detail and looks like a lot of posts which we see trying to get around the site advertising rules.

OP, is hinted at to paying £12 for Freedom membership.

Topic goes into the realms of site financing, moderators are compared to the architects of the worst atrocities in human history. But as power crazed moderators we should be well used to it, after all we aren't human.

Freedom link here:

http://www.briskoda.net/freedom

• Like 1

• Administrators

To add a few more thoughts & sorry I'm late to it.

Good points expressed by some members and a few bogus ones.

Firstly to the original poster, you were not to know any different, all that game since is political in nature.

Firstly, freedom is worth something, or at least I believe it is. Those who feel it's not, please mail me. It's all about improvement, can't fix what I don't know to be faulty...

I want people to support the site not feel they have to. To that effect I'll be making some changes, some were coming, some are alterations. how this is communicated does need some improvement, not only on site, but in how we respond to what it's worth pitches, which 9/10 are actually for sale threads.

Nobody's time is free, we're here for a short period of time. I won't stand for anybody having veiled pops, at people.

I'm not going to comment on the rally car allegation, except to say I had no evidence of sponsorship or an invoice or a full agreement...