Irish VCDS

Hi,thinking of buying a Bolero and canbus upgrade for my 2006 Octy. Any of the Irish lads capable of coding this to my car with sound system upgrade. It would be a paying job,obviously.

• Like 1

Dont want to burst your bubble or anything but .. i remember seeing some posts about issues upgrading the radio where there is a 12 speaker factory sound upgrade fitted :( something to do with the digital processor or something, basically no sound comes out

edit: after a quick search http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/210073-no-sound-after-columbus-upgrade/page__p__2481897__hl__bolero%20audience__fromsearch__1#entry2481897

Edited by Dallan

Are you selling your Columbus or just boasting ?? :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

Just put it in still smiling but that means I do have a Bolero lying in box now not sure if I should hold on to it for a while or what. But in all seriousness the difference in prices the sell for on ebay etc makes the Columbus a better deal IMO and worth the extra.

• Like 1

It's a better unit IF you want in-built nav, DVD playback and the in-built HDD. As for it being a better value unit than the Bolero, I couldn't agree with that. You just pay more for the extra features and you'll pay at least double the Bolero price for a Columbus.

• 4 weeks later...

Nutz.

Has anyone succesfully completed a swap and got the sound system working ????

Hi, I have a 08 Mk2 and same amplier soundsystem. I have tried to updgrade to sat nav unit like Zenec, Pioneer, Dynavin and Columbus and also some chinese models. But one of Columbus I got worked but I was only tring is it working or not. It was my friends unit. I decided to buy a Columbus and at the buying time I tried a Columbus and it didn't work in my car-no sound. I tried to program(vag com) it and nothing.

My friend Columbus didn't needed to program with vag com. I just reseted it and it was working. These Columbuses are different...first on what was working was for Superb (3TO 035 680 A ) and second what didn't work was for Octavias (1T0 035 680 A).

Boler don't work with soundsystem. I was reading russian forums and there was a lot of information about that.

Forgot....Skoda dealer tried to get work Zenec and even they were unsuccessful.

Pioneer told me that all system should work with this adapter : http://www.adnauto.fr/ctsvw004pae-interface-commande-au-volant-pour-vw-ap08-75438.html

but I didn't tried this because Skoda don't have a dynaudio. Hope you understand me . I'm not native in english. Please let me know if you get work your unit.

Jan

Hi, like I understand you have a newer type amplifier and there is no problem to activate unit. But I have a older type....it's different.

With this amplifier no any problems :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-OCTAVIA-SUPERB-DIGITAL-SOUND-DSP-BOOSTER-/190544495447?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5d564357

with this you can activate any unit.

I have this kind :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DSP-Verstarker-Endstufe-12-Kanal-SKODA-Octavia-2-1Z0035456-GLL-SK35-HW-04-SW-10-/250900794303?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3a6ada4bbf

with this I have problems.....

Jan

My god. All I want to do is play my music from my HTC with an Aux lead. Am I going to have to change my whole car to achieve this ????

Thanks for all the info lads.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a 08 Mk2 and same amplier soundsystem. I have tried to updgrade to sat nav unit like Zenec, Pioneer, Dynavin and Columbus and also some chinese models. But one of Columbus I got worked but I was only tring is it working or not. It was my friends unit. I decided to buy a Columbus and at the buying time I tried a Columbus and it didn't work in my car-no sound. I tried to program(vag com) it and nothing.

My friend Columbus didn't needed to program with vag com. I just reseted it and it was working. These Columbuses are different...first on what was working was for Superb (3TO 035 680 A ) and second what didn't work was for Octavias (1T0 035 680 A).

Boler don't work with soundsystem. I was reading russian forums and there was a lot of information about that.

Forgot....Skoda dealer tried to get work Zenec and even they were unsuccessful.

Pioneer told me that all system should work with this adapter : http://www.adnauto.fr/ctsvw004pae-interface-commande-au-volant-pour-vw-ap08-75438.html

but I didn't tried this because Skoda don't have a dynaudio. Hope you understand me . I'm not native in english. Please let me know if you get work your unit.

Jan

My original non-LED Columbus was tried in your car I think. I met you at a garage near the Malahide road when I was getting my car dyno tested. You have the best spec vrs on here by a country mile! And minuscule mileage too!!

Kit

can't you use the aux port in the top of the jumbo box if you just want to connect your HTC ?

Dallan

My original non-LED Columbus was tried in your car I think. I met you at a garage near the Malahide road when I was getting my car dyno tested. You have the best spec vrs on here by a country mile! And minuscule mileage too!!

Hi, how are you keeping? Yeah, it was me... Thanks man. I think yeah for 2008 year car :D The funniest spec was the not opened bonnet but I resolved this :D In May we have a longest distance planned. vRS meeting and maybe we ll travel to Limerick as well.

Jan

Edited by jan vrs
  • Like 1

Hi Dallan, how are you keeping? Yeah, it was me... Thanks man. I think yeah for 2008 year car :D The funniest spec was the not opened bonnet but I resolved this :D In May we have a longest distance planned. vRS meeting and maybe we ll travel to Limerick as well.

Jan

If you are going to the Limerick show I will most likely meet you as I am almost set on going myself.

If you are going to the Limerick show I will most likely meet you as I am almost set on going myself.

Hi, on 27th of May is a vRS meeting in Portlaoise and after that some vRS drivers will go to Limerick car show. Here is a topic: http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=79190&st=20

But have to make sure is this meeting confirmed :)

Jan

• Like 1

Kit

can't you use the aux port in the top of the jumbo box if you just want to connect your HTC ?

Dallan

Hi Dallan, my 2006 Octy doesn't have an Aux port,if it did, I wouldn't need to change my head unit. I don't mind shelling out for a Bolero or even a Columbus but I need to know exactly what models I would need for it to work with my factory sound system.

You might even show up to one of the other Portlaoise ones too then:p

• Like 2

Hi,thinking of buying a Bolero and canbus upgrade for my 2006 Octy. Any of the Irish lads capable of coding this to my car with sound system upgrade. It would be a paying job,obviously.

I had 2006 year Octavia rs and I upgraded headunit to Columbus RNS510. I even replased canbus cos had a battery draining issue. You don't need to canbus upgrade. Here is a person who's offering thiskind of work: http://dublin.gumtree.ie/c-Cars-and-vehicles-for-Sale-parts-accessories-VW-RNS510-V-8-2012-new-map-W0QQAdIdZ371571256 Or you may even look in forums where offering this software what resolves battery draining issue.

My friend have a new multimediacentre for Skoda Octavia. Unfortunately it didn't work in my car ( no sound) but if you are in Dublin area we may try....maybe it's working in your car. Problem is that there's a lot of diffrenet amplifiers....some of them are making drouble, some of not. I'm confused myself aswell cos I don't know which Columbus works in my car and I affraid to order Columbus.

Thinking strongly now of getting a Columbus. The dealer based in Co.Louth tells me everything will work fine and be fully compatible with my sound system and MFSW without changing the canbus.

Is he telling fibs ???