wing mirror glass

My wing mirror glass has decided to stop hanging on and fall off. the glue that holds the glass to what im guessing the heat pad isnt holding and im wondering can just the mirrored glass be bought without the part with all the wires connected. Mine is scratched and got chips out it from when it fell off so would like to replace it if not ill get the glue gun out and glue the old one back on.

My wing mirror glass has decided to stop hanging on and fall off. the glue that holds the glass to what im guessing the heat pad isnt holding and im wondering can just the mirrored glass be bought without the part with all the wires connected. Mine is scratched and got chips out it from when it fell off so would like to replace it if not ill get the glue gun out and glue the old one back on.

This happened to me this weekend. I've since glued it back on after taking the heated pad and frame out but I'm pretty sure I will end up now with only one working heated mirror as the glue may hinder it. Also noticed that when I try to adjust the driver's side mirror the passenger side one moves too. I may have connected the 2 wires the wrong way around but I'm guessing as I thought they were just for heat. A new mirror unit seems pricey.

Replacement glass including the heating pads are readily available on eBay or your local Motor Factors if you'd prefer not to pay the £50 for a genuine one.

Also noticed that when I try to adjust the driver's side mirror the passenger side one moves too.

This is so you can lower the glass for looking at the curb when reversing/parking. (Only alters both mirrors on " R ") and you can return them to there normal position with one button.

If you adjust the passenger mirror using the " L " button only that one will adjust. you'll need a vagcom to alter the setting to get them to work independently.

Beware of getting wing mirror glass that isn't OEM (ie, read carefully Ebay descriptions and such) as for some reason they all seem to be magnifyed and the optics on them are awful.....Cheap and Nasty.

I bought an non OEM one for my Bora after some kind bint decided not to give way to oncoming traffic and take my mirror off and it was truly awful. It lasted a day before i found a genuine one on Ebay from a breakers.

Is this a FL or a pre FL as I'm sure I've got a spare FL mirror glass in the bits left over from my build. Not sure what side it is but il dig it out if u required (the glass that is! :))