DRL LED lights modification to mk2 pre face lift

I would like to thank everbody for their comments and posts, but apologies for causing freinds to fall out. I have made my mind up and will be going with the aftermarket option. Even if folk think they look tacky, i dont.

Thanks again :hi:

• Like 2

Guest Tim31

Your right I don't know you.

But on this thread you posts sound to me as follows

Childish

Pathetic

Comical

I could go on. But your not helping yourself to be honest. Do you need to be right on everything all the time?

All I said is that I agree with James. That's it.

Thank you

I await another witty reply. At least your keeping me smiling on this rainy day

Edited by Tim31

I don’t have DRLs, and being a non-techie, I’ve no intention of fitting them

I can understand why bikes need them, but cars???????

I’ve got a black estate with gold bits on the front - if people can’t see me coming in broad daylight they seriously need their eyes testing

I personally don't like DRL'S, we have them fitted to our work cars and at night when pulled over at the side of the road when dark we have to remember to have our side lights on as the DRLs are just so bright the blind passing motorists, had countless complaints from passers by. It a pitty there isn't a switch where you can just turn them off there far too bright.

Whilst 'loitering' around our local Seat/Skoda dealer I noticed that you can turn off the DRL's on the latest Seat Exeo, I wonder if they'll roll this extra switch out across the VAG brand or if it specific only to the Seat?

I think some Fabia's have an on/off switch behind the panel that covers the fuses under the dash?

SeatExeo.jpg

You can turn the DRL off via the maxidot.

you can also without maxi dot with a sequence of movements on the indicator stalk as detailed in the manual.

• Like 1

I have the NA lights on mine and I want them switched off. When a mate enabled it I thought it would use the light sensor and come on when it was getting darker, but I guess I should have checked first. I wonder if people think I am weird having my head lights on all the time

If you turn the drl's off on a octy vrs do the sidelights then work as normal or do the drl's act as sidelights even though you have turned them off? if i ever get a facelifted octy vrs i will be turning them off,dont like the ones on the octy vrs at all.

If you turn the drl's off on a octy vrs do the sidelights then work as normal or do the drl's act as sidelights even though you have turned them off? if i ever get a facelifted octy vrs i will be turning them off,dont like the ones on the octy vrs at all.

the sidelights aren't wired in. The drls will come on dim when lights are switched on.

I like them. They set it apart from non vrs's.

• Like 1

Ah right,thanks jrw,i did wonder as we have a white 12 plate vrs in at work as a hire car & i saw it had sidelight bulbs in the headlight & drl's. The lads in the office wont give me the keys to it as they think im going to swop the wheels & tyres & other bits over to mine! lol. :-)

I personally don't like DRL'S, we have them fitted to our work cars and at night when pulled over at the side of the road when dark we have to remember to have our side lights on as the DRLs are just so bright the blind passing motorists, had countless complaints from passers by. It a pitty there isn't a switch where you can just turn them off there far too bright.

Maybe they need realigning mate, they shouldn't be blinding people, it wouldn't happen with mine in any case as they go off when the headlights are turned on.

I've read somewhere that the Police find the DRL's annoying on their unmarked cars.

During the winter months when they are sat out on the street on surveillance with the engine running for heat they can't turn them off and any possible perpetrators can spot them a mile off as they stick out sat amongst the other parked cars :giggle:

Maybe they need realigning mate, they shouldn't be blinding people, it wouldn't happen with mine in any case as they go off when the headlights are turned on.

We have a fleet of ford S-Max's and there all the same, it's ok during the day but the DRLs are very bright at night time when your parked up with just your engine ticking over.

We have a fleet of ford S-Max's and there all the same, it's ok during the day but the DRLs are very bright at night time when your parked up with just your engine ticking over.

Ford gives you more..............but sometimes you really don't want it?! :giggle:

Seriously, I can't understand why DRL's stay on after the dipped beam is on, and also why they don't have an on/off switch??

Deactivating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel up to 3 seconds after

switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it to the bottom and hold

it in this position for at least 3 seconds.

Activating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel up to 3 seconds after

switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it to the top and hold it in

this position for at least 3 seconds.

On vehicles fitted with an information display, you can also activate or deactivate in

the menu the function daylight driving lights:

? Settings

? Lights & Vision

On vehicles with separate lights for daylight driving lights in the fog lights or in the

front bumper, the parking lights and the licence plate light do not come on when

activating the function daylight driving lights (neither front nor rear).

If the vehicle is not equipped with separate lights for daylight driving lights, the

combination of the low beam, the parking lights (front and rear) including the

licence plate light is used as daylight driving lights.

In some countries, the national legal provisions require that the rear parking lights

also come on together with the separate lights for daylight driving lights when activating

the function daylight driving lights.

When the daylight driving lights are switched on, the illumination of the instrument

cluster is switched off, however, it is switched on in the position ???? when it is dark

and the low beam shines with full brightness (100 % of the performance).

Edited by jrw

Activating the function daylight driving lights

switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it to the top and hold it in

this position for at least 3 seconds.

Thanks for the post jrw, I've tried this on my 54 Octy but have had no joy. Do you (or does anyone else) know if it is for post FL models only, or do you need to have auto lights or anything else?

Cheers,

Ed.

Edited by Ed-Preston

[/left]

Thanks for the post jrw, I've tried this on my 54 Octy but have had no joy. Do you (or does anyone else) know if it is for post FL models only, or do you need to have auto lights or anything else?

Cheers,

Ed.

I think it is only if you have DRLs from the factory. Otherwise you will have to have lights activated as per Mike's posts using VCDS.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...