Front/rear wishbone bushes

Hi all,

The wishbone console bushes have gone after 80k. I've got the cupra ones on order as these should be sufficient for me needs.

The question I have is...for the sake of an extra 20 quid or whatever should I have the front wishbone bushes done at the same time? Or is it a much bigger job?

If the advice is for me to have the front ones done too, should i also be looking at the cupra type or will the standard oem Fabia ones do?

Sorry if the questions are a bit noddy but suspension is beyond my minimal expertise level.

Thanks all, Ben

Howdy.

As your there anyway, it makes sense to change the fronts too. I personally would upgrade too, thus ensuring better life from them - Superpro or Powerflex do decent polyeurethane ones.

Fairly sure the cupra r ones are only different for the rear end that you are changing anyway.

:)

Edited by Benjiman

I paid £50ish for new wishbone's inc front bushes, ball joints and drop links. I didn't go with uprated front bushes as they rarely seem to fail but I am fitting Powerfelx rear's as the 2 part bush makes fitting easier. My logic was it was cheaper and easier to source new wishbones with bushes already pressed than to mess about trying to press them. What I didn't allow for was the state of the old ball joint bolts which are going to be an impact wrench job this w/e.

I paid £50ish for wishbone's inc front bushes, ball joints and drop links. I didn't go with uprated front bushes as they rarely seem to fail but I am fitting Powerfelx rear's as the 2 part bush makes fitting easier.

Where did you got them from?

Where did you got them from?

An Irish motor factor via ebay, £50.30 delivered for the lot. I was pretty dubious of the quality if i'm honest but after giving them the once over the worst I could say was one ball joint was missing the gaiter band which they sent out the same day, my local factor was about £12 more all in so worth trying your local independent factor first.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I'm new to posting to this forum but have used the info on it for a while.

Basically, rear bushes went on front wishbone, common issue I gather, took to a garage and they said they couldn't get the bushes out without possibly breaking or causing more problems, due to over tightened or possible corrosion, he is suggesting I need new housing as well as bushes and bolts as removing the old ones will almost certainly break certain components. He quoted £310

I have an 06 fabia vrs 65000 miles, is this common? Or am I being done over or is this reasonable?

Look forward to hearing your responses..

Alex