what's this on my speedo display

My car is due for service soon (arranged for beginning of May) and there is a number, 1400 at the moment next to what i think is a spanner symbol, that is displayed when i turn the ignition, then a few seconds later another number beneath the 1400 and next to a rectangle symbol that might be a battery symbol? a brick symbol? brake pad symbol? I think it's 7 at the moment.

The 1400 means 1400 miles till next service but what is the 7 displayed underneath (in between the rev counter and speed, above the time)?

Thanks

edit: the '7' was another number last week, possibly 8 or 10 or 9 or some other small number.

Edited by fabia55

The number is the countdown of the days remaining to close the service period (1 year, or 15000Km, or what ever if you are on variable service intervals). If the counter comes down to zero it will probably make a disturbing "bing, bing, bing" for some time and then will stop, but I suppose it will work fine. At least that was the way my former Octavia 1.6 '02 and former Fabia 1.2Htp '06 acted.

There is also the option to reset service counter by pressing reset / ok button which is positioned at the bottom of the wipers stalk. Just to make you feel better, I am receiving a 12 days or 2.800Km interval left untill service. It will be the 2 years / 30.000km service and I quoted a price of 250 euro aprox. talking to three different dealers.

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information robkirby andstratosg.

well, it's been a few days now since I last used my car and the 7 (or whatever number it was) has disappeared now. All I can see when I turn the ignition is a spanner symbol and the number 1300

edit: no annyoying buzzer or warning noises until you service or reset.

Edited by fabia55