PD160 Intake pipe.... worth it?

Hoss

I’m going to remap my Fabia vRS so I checked with Seat on how much the PD160 intake pipe costs and they quoted £98! Everyone seems to say you must have the PD160 intake for a remap, but 98 quid!

Does it make that much difference having the intake? From reading various forums it seems to give 5 more bhp and help reduce the smoke. Is that correct or is there more to it?

Edited by Hoss

From what I've read my conclusion is its a no from me, mind you I'm running pretty much standard anyway (except most of the recommended minor "improvements")

Factory intake, air box and factory air filter are delivering over 150% of required air flow for the standard engine configuration. The factory set up is good to handle everything up to 170BHP. As many above have mentioned if you not going further than just ECU remap, better use this money for something else.

• Like 1

My Son bought one for his Fabia VRS, he then sold the car. But not before I had helped my self to the PD160 and 312mm Brake set up. I gave him £100 he was happy.

• 1 month later...

From what I've read my conclusion is its a no from me, mind you I'm running pretty much standard anyway (except most of the recommended minor "improvements")

What would you list as "recommended minor improvements"?