van or estate car?

stormcloud32

hi all.long story lol,iv been on a few plastering courses,and iv managed to pick it up ok,the thing is,iv got friends and family asking me to bits and bobs for them now.the fabia vrs seems to be taking a bit of a battering,with me filling it up with all my stuff,so im thinking about getting a cheap small van or a estate car.any ideas?

Well, you need to set up your budget, including insurance, tax purchase price. You need to decide for how long you will need the car etc. I've picked up recently (3 months ago) 2001 Citroen Xsara HDI estate for my working car, 91K with full SH for £520 from my local Auto Auction. the car was with 9 months MOT and TAX, out of the door with the auction premium was £687.00. So even if I run it for an year I will still sell for probably around £600 mark. You need to do your calculation first. I am an old gid :) so I took second insurance on it and is only £147 fully comp.

Are you considering getting a second vehicle on the basis of a few favours for friends and family or is the beginning of working for yourself?

If its the former I wouldn't bother, but if its the later I'd be thinking about swapping the Fabia as well. It's probably cheaper to insure, tax, MOT etc one vehicle than two.

Just get a tow bar and a trailer the money you would be paying out for another vehicle will cost you loads. Personally id use the fabia and a trailer till you know you're making enough cash to make another vehicle cost effective

If you use it for work purposes it needs to have business insurance either way which can be quite expensive.

You might find if you go 'legit" and get a van it might be as much to insure as your car being none "legit"

Commercial insurance is considerably more, at any age

I have a fabia estate, and that is as good as a van with all the seats folded down.

I can fit a standard Euro pallet in it as well

Damon

Just get a tow bar and a trailer the money you would be paying out for another vehicle will cost you loads. Personally id use the fabia and a trailer till you know you're making enough cash to make another vehicle cost effective

Mk1 Fabia vRS is not approved to have a tow bar.

Unless the OP is intending to go into business with this, don't go buying another car/van.

Mk1 Fabia vRS is not approved to have a tow bar.

Unless the OP is intending to go into business with this, don't go buying another car/van.

Didn't realise that, would of thought it wound have the same mountings as the none Vrs models. Didn't even realise approval was needed lol

Thanks for the replys guys,yes plastering is something i would like to take up full time,but until then,i think i will keep filling up the fabia,iv just put some old carpet in the back,and brought some seat covers,trying to keep them seats clean