jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

2 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

I can somehow manage to convince them to give me a blood check machine much the same as diabetics use, but to check my INR levels.

I just checked on the procedure for the INR, and the version I saw needs a veinfaume, an adaptor, a blood sample bottle and a machine for every test. So serious question; how are you at catheterising your own veins?

• Groan 1

9 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I just checked on the procedure for the INR, and the version I saw needs a veinfaume, an adaptor, a blood sample bottle and a machine for every test. So serious question; how are you at catheterising your own veins?

No need to catheterise my own veins. Where on earth did you get that from?:D 

Not sure what you’ve been reading, but what I know is that the INR can be done in an almost identical way as people with diabetes. Ie a finger pr1ck to get blood, which is then absorbed by the INR test strips and put into the machine….. https://coaguchek.roche.com

Edited by Titanium_Man
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

catheterising your own veins?

Ken, I assume you couldn’t have read very well as a cannula is used for an INR check. No one will be taking blood out through my manhood! 

• Haha 3

I can even go one step further and tell you that Durham NHS are actually trialling the at-home INR testing, which is why I hope I can convince North Bristol NHS Trust to do the same, but ain’t holding my breath 😞

• Love it! 1

49 minutes ago, TMB said:

How you doing mate? I managed to get a few friends to donate :)

Had an off day today, but down to pushing myself a little far yesterday…. Managed a 2 mile walk 😁 Feeling it today I must admit. My heart also had a very quick testing rhythm last night, which panicked me and had a crap nights sleep. Had a day on the Playstation today so hope tonight will be a better nights sleep. 

Oh mate, that is soooooo amazing of you to spread the word 🥰 It really is sooooo appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

Had an off day today, but down to pushing myself a little far yesterday…. Managed a 2 mile walk 😁 Feeling it today I must admit. My heart also had a very quick testing rhythm last night, which panicked me and had a crap nights sleep. Had a day on the Playstation today so hope tonight will be a better nights sleep. 

Aww, you're bound to get off-days. Keep ya chin up :)

8 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

Oh mate, that is soooooo amazing of you to spread the word 🥰 It really is sooooo appreciated. 

No probs at all :)

• Like 3

Just now, TMB said:

Aww, you're bound to get off-days. Keep ya chin up :)

No probs at all :)

It’s the one drum they kept banging in hospital, up days and down days! I don’t mind taking the rough with the smooth; but am looking forward to when things level out!! 

Gonna get Zee to put my battery back in my car tomorrow and start her up. May even get Zee to whip her round the block and clean up the discs as they’re very rusty, of course! 

• Like 2

On 25/05/2022 at 21:08, TMB said:

Did Zee manage to get the battery on and give it a little drive?

She did start it but didn’t take it for a drive…. 2 weeks this Friday marks 6 weeks since the op and I’ll then be allowed to lift stuff again ….. and I’ll be able drive her again!  

Started first time but not exactly on the button. Still a bit of blue smoke after a blip of the throttle, but I’ve only clocked about 70 miles since I put the different head on and have been told to be patient and it will go away. Starting to get paranoid something else is up ….. 

Also, turns out that when Zee disconnected the battery she neglected to check that the car was actually locked before walking away! Thankfully, the little scaly that realised my car was wide open didn’t find anything worth nicking and didn’t cause any damage to anything. All caught on our doorbell camera, for what it was worth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

She did start it but didn’t take it for a drive…. 2 weeks this Friday marks 6 weeks since the op and I’ll then be allowed to lift stuff again ….. and I’ll be able drive her again!  

Great 👍

12 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

Also, turns out that when Zee disconnected the battery she neglected to check that the car was actually locked before walking away! Thankfully, the little scaly that realised my car was wide open didn’t find anything worth nicking and didn’t cause any damage to anything. All caught on our doorbell camera, for what it was worth. 

☹️

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

195 miles - don't take the battery off!! 🙄

The Op's obviously done you the world of good - you look like a changed man, and those light blue denim shorts really brings out your hair colour :thumbup:😁😇

Gaz

:D :D

• 2 weeks later...

On the car front ..... I didn't take my car on a motorway run in the end. Largely as it was far to hot if we were to break down and I don't trust my car at the minute! 

I have been pottering around town and have now covered about 140 miles in total since I swapped the heads. I've not been able to investigate the blue smoke that is still coming out after I've been sat at traffic lights for a minute or two as physically Ive not been able to, not to mention that all of my tools are at work! Once I've gone and got them I'll be taking off the TIP and intake manifold / airbox etc just to eyeball everything and see what I can see. May even take the turbo off at that point yet..... Still suspecting either seals inside the turbo are shot or the engine shop haven't put in the valve guides and / or stem seals in correctly, but would need to strip everything again to check their work, which I don't fancy at the minute! 

Not worrying too much about my car at the minute as can't afford to fix whatever is wrong with it anyway(!) and she's driving almost perfectly. So I'll change the oil & filter and just put up with the smoke for the time being until I can get some funds behind me ......

Edited by Titanium_Man
  • Like 2

Sorry you're having to give up the mechanic thing mate. I can imagine how you feel about it but obviously health comes first and all that. Good to hear you're doing well otherwise :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Sorry you're having to give up the mechanic thing mate. I can imagine how you feel about it but obviously health comes first and all that. Good to hear you're doing well otherwise :)

Thanks mate. 😔 Not ideal, but as you say my health comes first. 

• Like 1