DSG7 judder in second gear

Welcome to the forum, 

if it is fixed then hopefully thats it.

Your gearbox is a totally different one from in the lower powered/output Fabias.

george

I wonder if it is, George - the A3 1.8TFSI engine is 160PS and 250Nm - which is the same torque figure as the Fabia vRS - so it might well be the dry clutch DQ200 rather than the DQ500?

I wonder if it is, George - the A3 1.8TFSI engine is 160PS and 250Nm - which is the same torque figure as the Fabia vRS - so it might well be the dry clutch DQ200 rather than the DQ500?

yes you are right, the same as the vRS possibly just not the 'lower powered/output Fabias'.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?126591-audi-a3-s-tronic-gear-box

Skoda only use one 7 speed DSG the DQ200. You get that in a 1.2TSi, Fabia vRS, 1.8TSi, 1.6Tdi  etc. Same box as the A3 1.8TSi. Maximum torque rating 250NM

Any engine with torque exceeding this rating gets the DQ250 6 speed wet clutch. (2.0TSi, 2.0TDI)

Skoda don't use any other DSG at present as all their vehicles have transverse engines and they don't yet use the higher rated DQ500 7 speeder.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee

Skoda don't use any other DSG at present as all their vehicles have transverse engines and they don't yet use the higher rated DQ500 7 speeder.

Lee

I have the DQ500 in my S4 and a peach of a gearbox it is. Very smooth with none of the glitches that have been reported on here.

Converted :)

Is the recalled DSG 7 speed not the one, ( 200Nm  max) on engines rated up to 140 bhp?

Still designated DQ200.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-audi-skoda-dsg-recalled-australia-and-new-zealand

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=294030

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Transmissions

" *Torque specification may differ based on Engine and Application."

Hopefully Gearbox has Clutch Packs replaced, fixed and now OK, after all that was the point of replacing them.

Is the recalled DSG 7 speed not the one, on engines rated up to 140 bhp?

Gearboxes are not rated on power they are rated on torque.

DQ200, 7 Speed Dry Clutch upto 250NM

DQ250, 6 Speed Wet Clutch upto 350NM

They are the only two DSG boxes Skoda fit.

The only difference is the final drive ratio depending on model and software depending on engine (Change Points) or if  paddles are fitted.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee

I have the DQ500 in my S4 and a peach of a gearbox it is. Very smooth with none of the glitches that have been reported on here.

Converted :)

I don't think it does.

The S4 has a longitudinal engine, the DQ500 is for transverse engines.

I think the S4 must have the DL501 DSG.

Cheers

Lee

I can see you already figured it out. My vehicle fits de famous dq200. The smallest audi's have it. The dealer's workshop shief told me that they were installing a new clutch pack on these vehicles. The rattle and noisy gear shifting won't go, because of the dry clutch thing. I think that's acceptable; you can google noisy dry clutch and you'll find out some ducati's motorcycles with dry clutch and the sound problem. However, i can still hear something different when the car goes from the 1 to 2 gear. Something you can't hear on other gears. This is what worries me, because eventually, the warranty will end and this parts are very expensive. And this is the main reason why is so important for me to know about people who had their vehicle's clutches replaced and after some miles or km's, the problem has finally gone.

Thanks and cheers.

ps: the dealer also told me that they have a new software on the vag group, that can find out if you chipped your car. This violates the warranty terms and they won't fix the clutch unless you pay for it. At least, in Chile.

Edited by lokolas77

Both my DG200-equipped cars have done it to a certain degree (chattering noise occasionally).  Without the fluid to dampen the noise, some is inevitable.  If excessive, then it should be changed under warranty.

I think there is a similar issue with chipped/mapped cars in the UK as well although the argument is that if the modification could have caused the failure of the part, then SUK have grounds for dismissing the warranty claim and you have to foot the bill.  A chipped/mapped engine could cause extra load on the clutches, so the importer would be right to refuse warranty on it.  They would find themselves struggling to say that it would affect a failed seat bolster though!