What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Yes,got 3 quotes,seen a job this guy had done on a friends bmw & was pleased with the quality & he was the cheapest too. 

geeeesh glad i know a sprayer :) he's good as well.

He does all the commercial stuff for Eddie Stobarts and other companies.

Some fool in a Citreon people/suv thingy who after being up my chuff for 1/2 mile in a 30 zone when I was doing 30 decides to overtake me right on a crossroads with a restricted view as I've just slowed down to turn left. I was in SWMBO Seat as I was taking my elderly parents home (its easier for them to get in and out of the Seat) so unfortunately no dashcam footage.

Happened about 20 mins ago. Approach a roundabout checking for a gap and some **** in a porche 4x4 is driving round the roundabout with his left indicator on so you assume he's about to take the next exit. No he passes that one heads for the one across me meaning I have to stop a 37ft vehicle half onto a roundabout and then he looks at me as if i done something wrong ? Then because I'm half out you would expect people to be curious but noo a driving instructor tries to go around me !

Hate everyone on the road .

Rant over.

Happened about 20 mins ago. Approach a roundabout checking for a gap and some **** in a porche 4x4 is driving round the roundabout with his left indicator on so you assume he's about to take the next exit. No he passes that one heads for the one across me meaning I have to stop a 37ft vehicle half onto a roundabout and then he looks at me as if i done something wrong ? Then because I'm half out you would expect people to be curious but noo a driving instructor tries to go around me !

Rant over.

In all seriousness, i find it best to just ignore indicators until i see the vehicle begin to turn in that direction.

See soo many just driving around with the indicators on n wonder why people pull out on em.

Why were the other drivers so 'curious'?

• Like 1

In all seriousness, i find it best to just ignore indicators until i see the vehicle begin to turn in that direction.

See soo many just driving around with the indicators on n wonder why people pull out on em.

Why were the other drivers so 'curious'?

Like I said in my post. It's a busy two lane roundabout and in a 37ft vehicle there comes a time when you have to read the only signs that are presented to you , rather than sit there till everyone has gone home.

• Like 1

Rant over.

On Friday I had a range rover turn right on a roundabout in front of me, but he went all the way round in the left hand lane whilst indicating left the whole time.

I don't trust anyone indicating ever since a lad I knew pulled out in front of a petrol tanker which was indicating. It T boned him doing nearly 40 and he was in a coma for a week. Based on what was left of his car, he was very lucky to survive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

On Friday I had a range rover turn right on a roundabout in front of me, but he went all the way round in the left hand lane whilst indicating left the whole time.

I don't trust anyone indicating ever since a lad I knew pulled out in front of a petrol tanker which was indicating. It T boned him doing nearly 40 and he was in a coma for a week. Based on what was left of his car, he was very lucky to survive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The thing is like i previously said if you didn't pre judge what people where going to do you would never get onto the roundabout?  With the ones that don't indicate at all and the ones that indicate wrong you would be sitting there all day if you didn't make an assumption on their intentions. Its not like a car where you can just jump onto the roundabout and power out of any mistake. Its kind of all or nothing.

You use the people who indicate prior to the exit as a blocker for the exit prior to the one your about to come out of. I feel your average Joe Bloggs driving a normal car wouldn't get it.

The thing is like i previously said if you didn't pre judge what people where going to do you would never get onto the roundabout? With the ones that don't indicate at all and the ones that indicate wrong you would be sitting there all day if you didn't make an assumption on their intentions. Its not like a car where you can just jump onto the roundabout and power out of any mistake. Its kind of all or nothing.

You use the people who indicate prior to the exit as a blocker for the exit prior to the one your about to come out of. I feel your average Joe Bloggs driving a normal car wouldn't get it.

Your a lorry driver then? A bigg'un?

Gotta hand it to ya. I couldnt drive long distances in something so slow lol.

I appreciate its not easy in a lorry. Soo big and slow to set off arent they.

After an unexpected, last minute trip to the parent's this weekend a list of the following;

1) The utter bolluck in a 1 series who refused to move from lane three at 70 mph despite there being nothing in lane 2. Or 1. Why do some people have such an issue about letting others make progress?

2) The useless split in a Renault Scenic whose speed varied between 55 and 90 dependent upon anyone trying to pass her

3) The gutless bald feckwit in a Corolla who tailgated the poor old dear in her Yaris on the A3079 despite the numerous safe places to overtake her

4) The lane three conga at j6 of the M5 speed up, speed up, BRAKE! Speed up, speed up, BRAKE! 

5) The arpse in the Corolla who kept speeding up to overtake then slowing down so the cruise control took me back passed. On the third re-overtake an arm came out of the window to gesture why I was overtaking. Divot. 

I'm starting to despise driving but at least they've finally finished the concrete central reservation between Rubery and Worcester and a very considerate X5 driver that moved to lane three to allow me to make an overtake. Crumbs of comfort in the world of the brain dead. 

• Like 2

Your a lorry driver then? A bigg'un?

Gotta hand it to ya. I couldnt drive long distances in something so slow lol.

I appreciate its not easy in a lorry. Soo big and slow to set off arent they.

No a PSV driver ;) better class of driver you see carrying around passengers instead of a dead load ;) 

• Like 1

No a PSV driver ;) better class of driver you see carrying around passengers instead of a dead load ;)

Wow you've been on the buses a long time then!! Dead load's do have their advantages though as they don't ask stupid questions, throw up and expect you to clean it, attack you nor sit watching you. Plus you don't need to stop as often. :D 

• Like 1

Wow you've been on the buses a long time then!! Dead load's do have their advantages though as they don't ask stupid questions, throw up and expect you to clean it, attack you nor sit watching you. Plus you don't need to stop as often. :D

The **** i carry loads and unloads its self ;) and i don't clean it  :peek:  its a plus if someone throws up or bleeds, because then its time for everyone off and back the depot ;)

still getting payed bearing all this in mind ;) fuelled cleaned and maintained for me..........  :clap:

• Like 1

The **** i carry loads and unloads its self ;) and i don't clean it  :peek:  its a plus if someone throws up or bleeds, because then its time for everyone off and back the depot ;)

still getting payed bearing all this in mind ;) fuelled cleaned and maintained for me..........  :clap:

Jammie enough then  :thumbup: . Don't ever do coach work then  :no: not so handy if your half a day or a week from the depot (generally though passenger get's provided with the mop and bucket)   :envy:. I'd still opt for a 'dead load' with the lack of random strays coughing and spluttering in my office all day long and not being able to listen to my own tunes full blast should I choose  :rock:

• Like 1

It's a total different ball game to coaches . And the music but doesn't bother me to much makes the time pass a bit quicker as when I'm listening to music I kinda time how long everythin is by song length haha sad I know !!

But yeah in general it's a doddle :) a bad shift is 7 and a half to 8 hours ;) I can't complain !!

I drive PSVs too, part time now after a long stint on stage carriage and then coaches.

I do a fair few school runs on a 16-22 seat posh Merc minibus now-and the odd run on a larger vehicle.

But getting paid to take my wife to nice places (with the passengers of course!) with free food at the services both ways is ace; shopping in London, trips to the seaside, Safari park etc.

Love it!

I drive PSVs too, part time now after a long stint on stage carriage and then coaches.

I do a fair few school runs on a 16-22 seat posh Merc minibus now-and the odd run on a larger vehicle.

But getting paid to take my wife to nice places (with the passengers of course!) with free food at the services both ways is ace; shopping in London, trips to the seaside, Safari park etc.

Love it!

So you will understand the evils of the larger vehicle on narrow roads and idiot car drivers !

free food at the services both ways is ace

FREE :o Welcome Break and Moto make me pay £0.01 for any meal I want. I now feel I am being ripped off :( I still have my coach drivers cards but they don't seem to do them any more. Most now ask to see photocard and proof of passengers.....  

• Like 1

So you will understand the evils of the largest vehicle on narrow roads and idiot car drivers !

Perhaps the driving test should involve a couple of hours in a truck or bus showing how long they can take to pull out and stop and what angles they use when manoeuvring.

I drive on a lot of narrow lanes which cars come howling along and when I don't do an emergency stop but pull up smoothly in the space alongside them to avoid throwing the kids off their seats they assume that I am going too fast and get nasty.

I just accept that I have more experience and they are not to know, but it can be irritating at times!

FREE :o Welcome Break and Moto make me pay £0.01 for any meal I want. I now feel I am being ripped off :( I still have my coach drivers cards but they don't seem to do them any more. Most now ask to see photocard and proof of passengers.....  

Best one is Harry Ramsdens at Oxford, great food and £5 to spend in the shop on mags or whatever.

I do have to pay the 1p, yes!  The cards are not used by WB but are by Moto now, I show them my job sheet and licence.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

Best one is Harry Ramsdens at Oxford, great food and £5 to spend in the shop on mags or whatever.

I do have to pay the 1p, yes!  The cards are not used by WB but are by Moto now, I show them my job sheet and licence.

I must give moto a shout again last time I was doing mass applications in work it was WB did card Moto stopped. Then in about 2009 ish I used my WB card in a WB and they said they dont use them any more and asked to see licence instead lol. I thought that was weird since I already had the card I had to show proof of licence and employment.