What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Like the electronic handbrakes. I cant see what the problem with a lever is..

Apparently they take up too much interior space that can more readily accommodate cupholders etc...   :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Apparently they take up too much interior space that can more readily accommodate cupholders etc...   :thumbdown:

They're especially handy if the battery is jiggered like mine was. It won't release without a special tool. I was quite glad the Honda didn't have one.

I've only driven one car with it. TBH it worked ok but still seemed like pointless gadgetry.

Oh and just to add to the thread.

******* BMW's ******* c**ting electronic dipstick.

SWMBO announced that the day before her car had flashed a warning that was probably an amber oil light. Probably.

Stupid car has no dipstick. In order to test if the car had no oil I had to drive it nearly 10 miles before it deemed me worthy of an answer.

Yes it was.

I put in about a litre. Was it enough?

No good sir you must undertake yet another unnecessary journey of 10 miles before I shall reveal the answer!

******* pile of ****e.

PS - C**ting isn't filtered is anyone wants a good swearword to show :devil:

I put in my own ** so as not to frighten the easily offended.

Thatd be an interesting one to go back to the dealer with an engine seizure.

"Why did you drive it with no oil?"

Well...

• Like 1

Apparently they take up too much interior space that can more readily accommodate cupholders etc... :thumbdown:

Cupholders.. Or a reliable handbrake that even becomes the 'fun lever' in snowy weather.

I'll take the second option thanks.

Dad had a passat with one. Apparently it could be used to perform an emergency stop if you keep it pushed for a few seconds whilst moving.

Thats exactly what comes to mind when in a panic situation haha

They're especially handy if the battery is jiggered like mine was. It won't release without a special tool. I was quite glad the Honda didn't have one.

I've only driven one car with it. TBH it worked ok but still seemed like pointless gadgetry.

Cupholders.. Or a reliable handbrake that even becomes the 'fun lever' in snowy weather.

I'll take the second option thanks.

Dad had a passat with one. Apparently it could be used to perform an emergency stop if you keep it pushed for a few seconds whilst moving.

Thats exactly what comes to mind when in a panic situation haha

Yep - driven a few cras now with them and never really seen the point - a lever is far easier and better.  I guess they do help prevent people forgetting to put them on (the ones I've driven have activated automatically when turning the engine off) and will stop some people from rolling back on a hill start but if people are that bad at driving that they need such aids then in my opinion they shouldn't be driving.  The only exception would be where someone doesn't have the physical capability to use an old school one.

Just out of interest if the alternator / battery dies whilst driving do they activate or not and can they be used as an emergency break in that case???

• Like 2

People pulling out in front of me, while doing "some" mph, overtaking on the MWay is annoying...

YEes, mr 408, you were 200yds ahead of me when you pulled out, to pass that jeep and trailer and i backed off to let you carry on at your slower speed, being somewhat considerate...

but WHY IN ALL THATS HOLY did you suddenly decide that what you really needed to do mid overtake - me now 150yds back, so still not in your a55 - was BRAKE and reduce your speed by 30mph, with NOTHING in front of you in lane 2, so no freaking reason for any change in speed?????? i ended up up your jacksie after that didnt i, you thick muppet???

Yep - driven a few cras now with them and never really seen the point - a lever is far easier and better. I guess they do help prevent people forgetting to put them on (the ones I've driven have activated automatically when turning the engine off) and will stop some people from rolling back on a hill start but if people are that bad at driving that they need such aids then in my opinion they shouldn't be driving. The only exception would be where someone doesn't have the physical capability to use an old school one.

Just out of interest if the alternator / battery dies whilst driving do they activate or not and can they be used as an emergency break in that case???

I'm not entirely sure tbh mate.

I know that dads passat one sometimes didnt turn off.

He used to be sat at a junction, try to pull out (its supposed to deactivate by itself) but he'd just end up dipping the back end and not going anywhere haha

I'm not entirely sure tbh mate.

I know that dads passat one sometimes didnt turn off.

He used to be sat at a junction, try to pull out (its supposed to deactivate by itself) but he'd just end up dipping the back end and not going anywhere haha

Don't think they fail off or on, not like truck air brakes.

Sometimes they can be a bit slow is realising you're driving off. They break a lot too. Lots of sensors and motors to go wrong unlike a prehistoric lever.

• Like 1

Don't think they fail off or on, not like truck air brakes.

Sometimes they can be a bit slow is realising you're driving off. They break a lot too. Lots of sensors and motors to go wrong unlike a prehistoric lever.

Ah i see :). Interesting!

Yeah he found his passat stuck more and more as time went on. It was a company car though so he got shot after 3 years

Weren't so much while driving, i went to shell garage to use the jet wash for a few minutes half way through

F3E4D412-21DC-4444-9DE6-484D5220EEC7_zps

:clap:  Good glad i had finished and was only using the rest of the time to blast water everywhere  :p

• Like 1

:D bit crap the Jew wash can't wash.

I arrived behind a car doing 35mph in a 60. I moved over a bit to see if there was something holding him up ahead but he moved over too. I carried on at a safe distance behind only to be glared at further down the road as I passed him on the roundabout! :D ****ing ****.

Drivers who don't know the width or length of their vehicle.

The amount of times I say 'you could get a bus through there', and in car parks - if you can't park your 4x4 why drive it?!

Drivers who don't know the width or length of their vehicle.

The amount of times I say 'you could get a bus through there', and in car parks - if you can't park your 4x4 why drive it?!

Like the people who're driving a Piccanto (or similar) and slow to 10mph to negotiate a gap that you'd take at 60 in the Octy? 

• Like 1

Jet* :D

Thought you were heading for trouble there.

"No your honour my predictive text is anti-Semitic not me."

The stupid woman who pulled out from a side road in front of me and had the audacity to mouth off at me after I had to slam my brakes on.

The idiot who pulled a very similar manoeuvre 2 minutes down the road.

Same old...... Traffic hell on M6. Typical 1 hour journey took over 3. Does your head in.

The M6 is rubbish isn't it! I often try to avoid it for this reason!! Friday night is probably the worst too :(