What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

The M6 is rubbish isn't it! I often try to avoid it for this reason!! Friday night is probably the worst too :(

isnt the M6 the one that featured on top gear a looong time ago, with the route planner that was asked to avoid that particular road,

and had instructions to travel via france, ireland, holy head? Ive never been near it, but i really hope i never do have to tackle it!!

isnt the M6 the one that featured on top gear a looong time ago, with the route planner that was asked to avoid that particular road,

and had instructions to travel via france, ireland, holy head? Ive never been near it, but i really hope i never do have to tackle it!!

It was Nottingham to Bideford, avoiding the M5 :)

Disclamer - I am not quite sad enough to remember that - I did look it up :p

I do use the M6 but I try to avoid busy times, as you can almost guarantee an accident or some traffic delay that causes chaos!

• Like 1

Cupholders.. Or a reliable handbrake that even becomes the 'fun lever' in snowy weather.

I'll take the second option thanks.

Dad had a passat with one. Apparently it could be used to perform an emergency stop if you keep it pushed for a few seconds whilst moving.

Thats exactly what comes to mind when in a panic situation haha

Some Audis had an issue with them and needed an update a while back :D

Same old...... Traffic hell on M6. Typical 1 hour journey took over 3. Does your head in.

Coming up the M5 tonight about to join the M6, thought nah **** it, came off and went through Walsall and up the A5. Glad I did now, traffic on the M5 was bad enough.

The nob who reverse parked next to me with a 6" gap between his and my passenger doors  :punch:

At lt you could get in, and him out without any damage.

I would've done the same

Coming up the M5 tonight about to join the M6, thought nah **** it, came off and went through Walsall and up the A5. Glad I did now, traffic on the M5 was bad enough.

I should've done the same. Did as one always does and kept driving in the hope it would clear but it was a false one(inevitable) and suffered the torment!

• Like 1

The guy that pulled out on me at a roundabout earlier and blasted his horn at me, before i politely pointed out, using sign language, he should be giving way to the right and he shrunk in his seat and shut up.

Also the guy that pulled out to overtake the car in front of him without checking his mirrors to see that i was already about to overtake him and the front car.

He a couple of bizarre incidents recently. 

Last night, arrive behind 2 cars, the front one is doing a parallel park, almost in the space and finished. Then a few car lengths behind is a Saxo stationery. I arrived behind the Saxo and slowed to walking pace to asses the situation. The road in question is a row of takeaways so often people just stop next to the already parked cars to collect food etc. The car in front of the Saxo had now finished parking, the Saxo still hadn't moved so I started to move round it. As I did, the Saxo jerked forwards and across in front of me and stopped, a young bloke then hung out the drivers window, shouted some random abuse at me, stuck his fingers up then wheel spun off up the road at speed! :D At this point I was thinking WTF? Carried on up the road, he slowed down until I caught him up near to a bus stop. There was people waiting at the bus stop so I was expecting him to stop and give me some agro. While I could do without the grief I was curious to know what exactly I had done to upset him so much, sadly he didnt stop, just stuck his fingers up and drove off again, 'big man' clearly...

Second was today, pulled out of a side road onto a dual carriageway. A Volvo 4x4 moved from in nearside lane to the outside lane and flashed me out, aside from said Volvo the road was clear for some distance. I pulled out, thanked the Ovlov driver and continued down the road. A short while late a Jewish Racing Gold Audi TT comes flying down the outside lane, nearly hits the Volvo then cuts me up and has to brake hard for the slow moving traffic on the roundabout head. Luckily I had enough space to stop without hitting the TT, I see a woman in the mirror mouthing off at me! She then stays stationary while everyone goes onto the clear roundabout. As soon as I go to move round she pulls away, then gives me the finger out the window and drives off. 

What the **** is wrong with people?! The first bloke I'm assuming was letting the car in front park but not looking, then got the arse when I went to pass him. Why I was at fault I dont know. The second one, I think she was just a ****ing bimbo slag that thought buses shouldnt be in her way and it was my fault she nearly piled into the row of queuing cars? **** knows. 

• Like 1

In a coach on M25, Peugeot 208 roars past then cuts in front of me and slows to 45mph suddenly, I indicate to pull around him, Audi in middle lane flashes me so I start to pull out, then Audi speeds right up and starts flash, flash, flashing me as if I've cut him up when lane 3 is clear.  In the meantime, the 208 slowly increases speed to 63mph, 1mph over my limiter leaving me looking daft.  WTF??

All the muppets who fly past my coach at the beginning of the 50 and 40 limits during roadworks on the motorway, cut in front of me, then slow to 45 and 35 respectively when I can't pass as lanes 2 and 3 are 6'6" width restricted during roadworks.

Oh, and then don't speed up again at the de-restriction signs-until I am alongside them after giving up hope and starting to overtake.

Rarrrhh  :x

• Like 1

In a coach on M25, Peugeot 208 roars past then cuts in front of me and slows to 45mph suddenly, I indicate to pull around him, Audi in middle lane flashes me so I start to pull out, then Audi speeds right up and starts flash, flash, flashing me as if I've cut him up when lane 3 is clear.  In the meantime, the 208 slowly increases speed to 63mph, 1mph over my limiter leaving me looking daft.  WTF??

Idiot in an X5 the other day sat right up my arse in the middle lane while I was overtaking, then sped past as I pulled in, all the while the outside lane was clear...

Also another idiot in an X5 earlier today - a bendy section of the A5 near penmaenmawr, double solid white lines - so no changing lanes, obviously. I was in the outside lane, as the corners are fun, and people often dawdle round them. Idiot in X5 starts in inside lane, then uses ALL the road round the corners, whilst driving slower than me, then decides to sit in front of me in the outside lane. Presumably because they didn't like the fact that someone in a skoda was about to overtake them round the corners.

So i was on the m6 today in the outside lane following traffic, doing about 70mph.

The middle lane has much less traffic in.

So people decide to boot it down the middle lane between cars, then try to bully their way back in the outside lane. Often using my braking distance room, and leaving me with next to nothing.

It pee'd me off.

I was able to fend out the ford KA as he didnt have much power, but the 3.0tdi audi obviously outperformed the 70hp fabia in a big way.

Unless i tail gated the car infront at all times, which i refuse to do, there wasnt much i could do

I got annoyed.

I made nasty gestures through the windscreen.

Idiot in an X5 the other day.........

Also another idiot in an X5 earlier today...........

I wonder if the badge means X (times) (as stupid) as other drivers?

X6 drivers and X5 drivers are often truly awful, X1s less so....

Probably something about being in a tank with power, so feeling unaffected by any type of road condition or scenario?

• Like 1

The BMW 330 Ci driver who didn't want to move from the outside lane to let a little green Skoda Fabia through.

I usually give em a good flash of the headlights.

Theres too many thatll sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with their foot to the floor, but wont let a bike past.

Sometimes if you flash your lights they move over.

Obviously they dont check their mirrors without being prompted

Theres too many thatll sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with their foot to the floor, but wont let a bike past.

don't try and police the roads tho you will get some tit who will just hammer on his brakes and you'll be his new rear badge !

I wonder if the badge means X (times) (as stupid) as other drivers?

X6 drivers and X5 drivers are often truly awful, X1s less so....

Probably something about being in a tank with power, so feeling unaffected by any type of road condition or scenario?

i think its a hangover from the x files watched 3-4 series & could not understand them or where it was going just like the drivers of said vehicles

Unless i tail gated the car infront at all times, which i refuse to do, there wasnt much i could do

I got annoyed.

I made nasty gestures through the windscreen.

If they can pass you and "bully" their way back in front of you, you are in the wrong lane in the first place.

• Like 1

If they can pass you and "bully" their way back in front of you, you are in the wrong lane in the first place.

Not if you are at the back of a queue of traffic all overtaking the same vehicle plodding along in the middle lane, with a lead overtaker travelling 0.5mph faster than the over take-e... in that situation, your not in the wrong lane, just waiting your turn, and the undertaking dip5hit is in the wrong regardless of why he is doing it...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Not if you are at the back of a queue of traffic all overtaking the same vehicle plodding along in the middle lane, with a lead overtaker travelling 0.5mph faster than the over take-e... in that situation, your not in the wrong lane, just waiting your turn, and the undertaking dip5hit is in the wrong regardless of why he is doing it...

And this is exactly what it was. Thankyou :).

Sometimes its just the way the motorway works and you have to wait your turn dont you. Flying down the middle lane certainly isnt acceptable imo, and ill do what i can (within safe means) to stop em from getting back in, and making the, wait like the rest of us do.

• Like 1

I usually use the RH indicator before flashing, its a more subtle reminder. If I'm on the bike I'll not bother with either, just use the "bike" lane  between lane 3 and the armco.

I usually use the RH indicator before flashing, its a more subtle reminder. If I'm on the bike I'll not bother with either, just use the "bike" lane between lane 3 and the armco.

Really?

Riding between the barrier and the car in the third lane is just asking for trouble imo

just use the "bike" lane  between lane 3 and the armco.

I went to the funeral of someone who did that. Had his son as pillion at the time. Son survived, father died. Not pleasant.

• Like 1

I went to the funeral of someone who did that. Had his son as pillion at the time. Son survived, father died. Not pleasant.

Sorry to hear, but unfortunately im not surprised.

Its stupidly dangerous, nobody expect you to do it, theres hardly any room and all the puncture material is there, not to mention its illegal and if i was a policeman, i wouldn't hesitate in doing somebody for it.