Is the vrs worth it?

Probs a daft question I know. I have a 06 plate primera Sx 1.8 (loads of toys sat nav, rear view camera etc) however contemplating trading it in for a 56 plate 2.0T vrs.

The octavia is only 4 months younger than my primera. Trade in prices for the primera suggest I will get around £1500 for it. The octavia is just over £5600 so I could probably haggle to £4000 + the primera.

Just not sure if it's worth paying £4000 for a car around the same age. Saying that I would like a faster car and sitting in the vrs yesterday felt great.

Has anyone else traded in for similar age car?

For £5500 there isn't another car with such a broad spread of abilities and qualities.

Bags of room, great performance and lots of toys. Try to get one with PDC,Jumbo Box, Maxi Dot, Cruise, Auto Wipers and a Columbus (or upgrade later) and you will have a great car.

I've got an 06 VRS TFSi and have just returned from a round trip of 420 miles with an average of 41mpg. That was with my mate (e46 M3 owner) having a go in the car, he wants one now he was that impressed and was surprised at the pick up at motorway speeds. The engine really is a great unit.

I'd get one but having bought one when it was 3 years old I'd make sure it has a warranty with it, I've had about £4000 worth of warranty work done since I got it - full a/c system, ecu replaced, rear washer motor and a few other niggly rattles sorted.

Depends what you're after really. As has been said, it's an awful lot of car for the money and is very capable, has a decent level of equipment and is well built.

However, it's quite a jump from what you've got now to the vRS you're considering. How have you got to this stage, of considering one? Just interested in your buying logic really :)

Depends what you're after really. As has been said, it's an awful lot of car for the money and is very capable, has a decent level of equipment and is well built.

However, it's quite a jump from what you've got now to the vRS you're considering. How have you got to this stage, of considering one? Just interested in your buying logic really :)

I've had the primera for around 4 years now. At the time I wasn't able financially to run a performance car, however I am now at the stage I can afford to run such a car.

Edited by Nismo75

Good stuff. Just with new members I do wonder how the vRS gets on their radar, that's all.

But all-in-all, yes it's well worth the money. The price some are at now represents incredible value for money, especially if you plan on keeping it for some time. You'll certainly get your money's worth from it :yes:

What sort of mileage have you been looking at, on prospective vRSes? There's a cracking Race Blue vRS TFSi currently in the classifieds on here, if you want to take a look.

Just do it! You won't regret it!

Great car, lots of car for the cash, wouldn't know what to replace mine with!