apr remap

APR maps have always been really well rated with the only criticism being they can be conservative. They are renownd for being very smooth though. I don't know anyone that's had one on the tsi or tfsi though. Have a look on the Golf forums maybe?

I beg to differ, they have had there fair share of problems, hence they are virtually extinct in the UK with very little in the way of support. If I were you I would be looking at something from Shark or Revo you can get the map from shark applied via a dongle and the map emailed, personally found there service to be excellent!!

APR are now back in the UK in a big way (APR Motorsport, LTD 4 Quatro Park, Tanners Dr, Milton Keynes UK MK14 5BP) and are producing some very good results and stiring up the UK remap market in a big way.

There is a lot of info on this on the mk5 golf gti forum. Awesome Gti have moved back to selling APR software over Revo due to this new UK support.

If I didn't have my current software they would be my second choice.

APR are now back in the UK in a big way and are producing some very good results and stiring up the UK remap market in a big way.

There is a lot of info on this on the mk5 golf gti forum. Awesome Gti have moved back to selling APR software over Revo due to this new UK support.

If I didn't have my current software they would be my second choice.

Agree, I always rated APR and they produced good maps for the old 1.8T engine. They would be my second choice after Revo.

Bit of info on this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233045-20-tsi-k04-turbo-kit/

Agree, I always rated APR and they produced good maps for the old 1.8T engine. They would be my second choice after Revo.

Bit of info on this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233045-20-tsi-k04-turbo-kit/

It's not long since APR sued Revo for stealing their software lol.

It's not long since APR sued Revo for stealing their software lol.

Back in the days of EPROMs (chips) I used to play with different maps on integrales... Amazing how much ripping off one tuners work was going on (comparing maps highlighted the 'fingerprint')

Hard to prove unless youre silly though i imagine?

• 3 months later...

Lol - obviously got some monkeys working for them! At what point did they think no one would notice I wonder?

If you read all of the court documents they where Ex-APR staff who moved here

As you can probably see from my signature i am running APR Stage1 on my LCR 2.0Tfsi 265, i live in MK and wanted to get APR, so to have APR HQ round the corner from me was a big bonus! Very happy with the map and customer service (Spent a few late nights at APR now playing on the RR with cars)

Cant wait to get a downpipe so i can get Stage2 flashed

vRS Carl was running an APR map on the assassin, he has since changed to the 'Go play' Revo software.

Interesting. Why? Hopefully not taken in by the Revo bull**** claims. Awesome remap though on the tsi.

Interesting. Why? Hopefully not taken in by the Revo bull**** claims. Awesome remap though on the tsi.

Carl is very clued up regarding who's who in the remap scene. I'm not sure why he switched but he must of had good reason. Which map do you think is awesome, APR or Revo?

Incidentally, I was chatting to an APR sales rep yesterday at work, he was enjoying his experience in there demo Golf R running a claimed 370bhp, it certainly looked and sounded like it had that sort of horse power ........

Carl is very clued up regarding who's who in the remap scene. I'm not sure why he switched but he must of had good reason. Which map do you think is awesome, APR or Revo?

Incidentally, I was chatting to an APR sales rep yesterday at work, he was enjoying his experience in there demo Golf R running a claimed 370bhp, it certainly looked and sounded like it had that sort of horse power ........

Revo map is awesome but as an organisation they appear to be complete c****.

Golf R doing that must be stage 2+ I presume. My Revo stage 1 is only a second slower 40-100 than a Golf R running Revo stage 1.

So, any of you guys know MRC as along with Revo and APR, they seem to be rated as the VAG tuners, that's by a few people who have some car history.

Never heard of them. The favoured tuners on here are Shark, Revo and more recently APR as they now have a UK R&D centre in the UK and hence better customer service.

Going completely OT, whats your average mpg with the Revo software.

Think we went OT ages ago! About 29mpg overall and I drive it quite hard. I got 38mpg on a run from Blackpool to Newcastle.

Never heard of them. The favoured tuners on here are Shark, Revo and more recently APR as they now have a UK R&D centre in the UK and hence better customer service.

I know Shark are popular here but not known in many other circles. I'm booked in with them primarily because of their rep on Briskoda.

MRC's website is http://www.mrctuning.com/ - I used to have a 1.8t BAM engined Elise and one of the guys running much higher power (450bhp) rated them as the best VAG tuner.

I know Shark are popular here but not known in many other circles. I'm booked in with them primarily because of their rep on Briskoda.

MRC's website is http://www.mrctuning.com/ - I used to have a 1.8t BAM engined Elise and one of the guys running much higher power (450bhp) rated them as the best VAG tuner.

I think Shark are fairly well known on many of the VAG forums but like I said never heard of MRC. That's not to say they aren't good though!

with the exception of certain individuals from one particular forum which caters for our Spanish cousins.............

Well known on IbizaoC and LeonOC

Just the other forum lol