ICS has just become available for Sim Free SGS2!

Evening Star

I just plugged my phone in to do a sync with Kies and it offered me a firmware upgrade.

I accepted and I've now got Ice Cream Sandwich installed on my Sim Free SGS2.

All good so far!, it's fast, slick and it screws up your screens a bit but it's an improvement on good old Gingerbread!

I just plugged my phone in to do a sync with Kies and it offered me a firmware upgrade.

I accepted and I've now got Ice Cream Sandwich installed on my Sim Free SGS2.

All good so far!, it's fast, slick and it screws up your screens a bit but it's an improvement on good old Gingerbread!

Had it a month and it's good, although there are a few little quirks.

Haven't they also removed RSAP functionality from it?

Guess no one here has heard of Cyanogenmod, eh? I've been enjoying my favourite ice cream since early December. Although not on a SGSII.

I have half a mind of moving on to ICS on my Leo as well, but its too big of a hassle atm. And i'll probably lose my 1.62ghz overclock.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Guess no one here has heard of Cyanogenmod, eh? I've been enjoying my favourite ice cream since early December. Although not on a SGSII.

I have half a mind of moving on to ICS on my Leo as well, but its too big of a hassle atm. And i'll probably lose my 1.62ghz overclock.

I had to clock mine but today I shell be getting the HTC one x which can be upgraded to ics I have been told.

There loads of differences in the cyanogenmod and the real ics.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Using Cyanogenmod is all well and good if you know what you're doing. If you don't know precisely what you're doing then there's every chance you'll end up not only losing all of your contacts, photos, music etc on there, but you will also end up with a very expensive BRICK!

It's a bit like VAGCOM/VCDS, in that if you don't know exactly what you're doing you'll be paying for someone to fix your car, or in this case with Cyanogenmod a phone.

I used Cyanogenmod on my Orange San Francisco and it worked very well (and fortunately I could afford to take the risk to brick it if it all went Pete Tong). The SII I have is under contract (and warranty) and worth a little more so I'm going to be waiting for the official versions to come through ... painful though that is!

It's also very easy to put a bit of malicious code in a release, so there's a lot of faith that all the contributors are doing it for the greater good :D

Chris