Air filter / induction kit

Seems like a good idea reading that. Whether it would work or not is beyond me. It may do although in my experience aluminium is the first thing to get hot when I grind at work. Wouldn't it be a better option to mount the cone filter where there is a direct air flow?

Edited by IllusionEntity

Sounds ok mate,

Its a cheaper version of the Jabba induction kit.

Personally I'd just get a CAI and painbt it. But then I am bias lol.

Take it you seen the light mate and keepin the RS?

Nice to have you around for a bit longer lol

Billy

I had a Neuspeed one very similar in mine and it worked well. :)

However with it being in the engine bay there is always more chance of heat soak than a CAI etc. Certainly wasn't a noticeable problem with mine though.

In and fitted

airfilter005.jpg

Early days but not sure if I like it, I was looking for more noise but it sounds like Darth Vader has moved in under the bonnet, going to give it a few days but may go back to standard.

Guest BigJase88

Piperx doesnt sound all that great.... From past experience a come makes more noise! Try a k+n cone on it and report back :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigJase88

You need a 25mm breather filter for it! Its the sai pipe! Its the cause of that horrible blowing noise for 90s when you first turn the car on

I have a jabba induction kit on mine that uses a jetex filter, as you say it sounds like its trying to suck glovebox into engine bay. Ive run a 3in cold air feed down to behind grill in front bumper and drilled some 8mm holes in lats in grill as i didnt want it on show

I have put a cone filter inside the air box itself will put a pic up tomorrow, to be honest its worked great, you get the sound without the heat soak works a treat :thumbup:

I got a jabba kit too :) woooo im not alone, although its a k&n filter on mine as they swapped for some reason lol

Either way :) i like them and trust jabba fully, iirc they do jabba kit that can go on ihi and bigger turbo upgrades to so the must have faith :D

And a jolly gert cone in guessing

That said i do like the carbonios for the obvious reason :) mmmm carbon

Guest BigJase88

Since were all pic whoring

Piperx vis, won 2nd hand on ebay for a reasonable price and not the £229 rrp lol

0923f684.jpg

That said i do like the carbonios for the obvious reason :) mmmm carbon

That is what I have arriving this week, really looking forward to fitting it and trying it.

That is what I have arriving this week, really looking forward to fitting it and trying it.

u will love it m8 although i cant vouch for the carbonios as i have no idea on them but in terms of sound it will be roughly the same to the likes of jetex k&n and green cotton as i have a neuspeed intake with the heat shield and tbh i dont think i have got bored of the sound yet u can hear it sucking in the air and the more u give thottle the louder the woosh noise is inside the cabin when u let off the gas will have to invest in a air feed as the stock air feed i dont think is really quite good enough and a new dv valve just for when i get it remapped :p

Hehe very cool :D carbon mmm lol

If i hadnt of spent £200+ on my jabba id have a nice carbonio :)

I likes carbon stuff i does lol

My jabba kit was a absolute git to get on too, i had to heat the alloy up for it to slide onto the maf

Grrrrr, but cool in the end nobe the less

• 1 year later...