How hard to make vrs replica?

I am looking at fabias still (have been for past two months) and am close to going for a monte carlo but I was wondering if I went for say a elegence how hard would it be to turn this into a vrs replica exterior wise only? Are the front and rear bumpers just a quick bolt on and then add wheels and I would be done?

I am looking at fabias still (have been for past two months) and am close to going for a monte carlo but I was wondering if I went for say a elegence how hard would it be to turn this into a vrs replica exterior wise only? Are the front and rear bumpers just a quick bolt on and then add wheels and I would be done?

What's the point? By the time you have declared all the mods and spent all the money on the mods. You might as well have bought a VRs.

But plenty of people who have MK1's kit their cars up with VRS bumpers etc... it's only bumpers and bits of plastic. most insurers only increase the price if it's performance enhancing.

Ask some people whats the point of modifying their cars on here.... I think they will bite you!

• Like 1

I also don't see it being worthy as the money and time spent will put you half way into having bought a vrs in the 1st place. Plus, If you are really looking to make an exact replica from the inside as well, you should account for: vrs steering wheel, seats and then there's always the DSG which can't be retro-fitted. I also wonder If the lights arrays in front are any different as in the vRS there's only the DRLs while on the Monte I think I see more lights. Don't forget the double tailpipe. I think 32kofdata would be the man to listen to regarding such mods!

Its not hard to do, but i cant see why you would want to make it look like the vRS really?

Get the Monte splitters (front and rear), lower it a bit and fit the vRS / MC sports seats and you will have a car with a better standard spec than a vRS )they are based on the SE model anyway). If you want a ful vRS spec then it will cost a fair bit more (MC spiltters custom coloured on mine were just over £800 fitted and painted) but you would be looking at about that much just for the vRS bumpers - I was quoted £230 plus VAT just for the vRS rear bumper on my old Fabia.

Add to the fact you would also need to be willing to loose either the DRLs or the Fogs from the Elegance as the vRS has one or the other not both.

I would stick to the Monte because it comes with a nice complete body kit and only extra for me would be a set of Gigaro wheels to match as the 16" options are a bit too small.

The fender flares give it a bit more needed width which is missing from the car. From there on if i had a Monte I would cut the bumper and put a nice pipe tail to show (still can't understand why they didn't give it one).

fabked.jpg

AFAIK, the vRS is based on the SE model in terms of spec, the Monte is based on the Elegance but minus a few items. So technically, it might be slower but the Elegance is safer as it has more airbags etc as standard unless Skoda changed the spec recently

AFAIK, the vRS is based on the SE model in terms of spec, the Monte is based on the Elegance but minus a few items. So technically, it might be slower but the Elegance is safer as it has more airbags etc as standard unless Skoda changed the spec recently

Oh my... The Monte has more airbags than the vRS??? How did you come up with that? All vRS's have front, side and curtain airbags, that means all available airbags in the Fabia series. I am not sure If Monte has curtain airbags as the Elegance version however. And by what reasoning would the top/fastest model of any car series be equipped with less safety measures than the lower ones? :o

On the contrary, If one model is safer than the others as you're putting it, that would be the vRS which apart from all airbags, it also has XDS which is not found on any other model.