Not your standard road test ;)

alex_leigh67

Thank you :) I also did that terrible post-exam thing and looked on autotrader to see if the normal situation of me buying a car, and one day later something as good but for less money turned up. This happily appeared not to be the case.

Awesome writeup. Both yourself and the old lady mentioned should be the ones writing car reviews. Like ... all car reviews.

FWIW bike carriers - be it roof or rear mounted - are really the only solution for mountain bikers. Moreso I imagine for UK bikers with all that mud I see on forums like the UK section of MTBR. Heck, even down here in Australia we get some muddy conditions, and trying to squeeze a dirty bike into a car is folly. Chuck it on the back, wash it while it's there, and Bobs your uncle (or dearly departed father in my case).

Look, it isn't a "a jacked up golf thrown together with off-cuts from the Passat’s parts bin"!! How insulting! :whew:

BBC H & W? Well you could always become suicidal and listen to WM (Is Ed Doolan still there?) or Radio Shropshire!! :giggle:

And stop complaing about Kings Heath. At least you're heading south! It could be worse and you had to drive through Erdington or towards West Brom!!

I have a great bike carrier sat waiting for a tow bar ;) It's only because once I week I go riding straight from work, that leaving the bike on the outside seems a little ambitious. Still I am working for 400 lawyers so if it did get nicked, I'd be in a good place to get some legal advice!

Whatever you've heard, it's only muddy here for 10 months of the year. The other two you can't see the mud for the snow and ice ;)

"...napalmed its’ remains..."

Tut tut. I doubt many of your 400 lawyers would let you get away with that unnecessary apostrophe. In some jurisdictions an error like that would get you taken out and shot.

@EJD: I'll ask for my dubious grammar and appalling spelling to be taken into account :)

I think 'style' is a rather charitable way to describe my writing but thanks!

An enjoyable read - more next week? I even looked up 'maroonment' in the dictionary, its not there, but it's easy to know what you meant :giggle:

Are you 67; born in 1967, or live at number 67?

Peter