Yeti brochure April 2012

r999

Apologies if this has been discussed already: I see the Skoda UK site now has a Yeti brochure dated April 2012 for downloading.

At first glance it seems more clearly set out than previous brochures, with a clear split between 2WD and 4WD models that should help those coming to the Yeti for the first time.

Availabilty of options such as the colour roof and the fold-flat front passenger seat is now clearly specified.

I have not looked at it in great detail, but I saw nothing for Model Year 13 (which is very soon now) that hasn't been heard of already.

I look forward to Johann telling us how many of the previous errors still remain!

• Like 1

oh - and there will be one or two, or three, who will pass comment upon this brochure - inferring that they could do it better!!

Let us wait in anticipation!!

Already commented on it in another post, however the brochures are getting better but still work to do. For starters I'm not sure if their proof reader knows a great deal about Skoda's and indeed Yeti's in particular but at least a RHD interior photo is now included; only taken 2.5 years :giggle:

Main question for me though is why we are still without the GreenTech versions :wonder:

Oh and addressing the lack of a 16" wheel option for those customers wanting a smoother ride or the ability to fit all terrain tyres without having the expense of new rims as well; save a lot of bother if they would realise/accept their entrenched position of ‘one size suits all’ alienates some customers.

TP

I have just requested and received a 'new' printed brochure. SUK won't be selling many Yeti Urbans as they are still posting out the Jan 2012 issue. (which doesn't have it in as it wasn't released in UK then).

I find it incredible that Marketing Departments think it worth saving a pound or so by using up obsolete information.

Edited by mike57

I have not looked at it in great detail, but I saw nothing for Model Year 13 (which is very soon now) that hasn't been heard of already.

The production of the MY 2013 begins traditionally after the summer holiday season in late June or July. Not big changes coming? Only some minor updates.

The production of the MY 2013 begins traditionally after the summer holiday season in late June or July.

'Traditionally', maybe. But Skoda in recent years has begun its new model year production after 31 May, week 22.

I have just requested and received a 'new' printed brochure. SUK won't be selling many Yeti Urbans as they are still posting out the Jan 2012 issue. (which doesn't have it in as it wasn't released in UK then).

I find it incredible that Marketing Departments think it worth saving a pound or so by using up obsolete information.

I was told by my dealer, in Cambridge, that they have sold out of Urbans, all 400 of them.

Chris

I was told by my dealer, in Cambridge, that they have sold out of Urbans, all 400 of them.

Chris

Would not be surprised Chris,

limited supply and with options previously unavailable over here and obviously they look very 'bling'. Have seen the Matterhorn rims in the metal myself while on hols in CZ and they do suit the Yeti but there the wrong size for me :giggle:

6011267568_09782eb25c_z.jpg

6010718349_f1d1290125_z.jpg

TP

• Like 1

oh - and there will be one or two, or three, who will pass comment upon this brochure - inferring that they could do it better!!

Let us wait in anticipation!!

Well, that is what one would expect and hope from a website dedicated to the Yeti! I suspect there are many contributors to this forum who could do better.

Well, that is what one would expect and hope from a website dedicated to the Yeti! I suspect there are many contributors to this forum who could do better.

Uh-huh! It can be all too easy to carp and whinge and criticise and grumble from outside, without any notion of deadlines or the info being provided to the "writer", and speaking from experience it is so, so easy to miss, even on the tenth read-through, a smelling pistake or some pis-mronunciation. Like you I have no doubt at all that there are some on this forum whose gift and grasp of english could be used to beneficial effect.

However - I would maintain that nobody would actually do something wrong deliberately... ... ... ...

It's a Dunlop rubber tyre................. sorry, couldn't resist! :giggle:

I did of course have tongue-in-cheek. It looks quite nice, really, I suppose but it might not last one winter round our lanes.

Like you I have no doubt at all that there are some on this forum whose gift and grasp of english could be used to beneficial effect.

Oh I have emailed them. The CEO Mr Hazelwood even replied to me saying he will personally see to it that they do better... Have they? A bit here and there. But with indifference like that I've given up trying to help them.