Advice on clutch slip after remap

Hoss

I decided to get my Fabia vRS remapped today. When the guys at AMD had finished the remap/rolling road they said there is a bit of clutch slip at full throttle. They said the torque could be dialled down but it might still slip and recommended a new OEM clutch should resolve the issue. The remap gave me 173hp and 293lb torque, which seems about normal.

Will a new OEM clutch handle this or should I ask them to drop the torque to 280lb or less? They seemed like a good bunch of guys so I don’t think they are taking the ****. My car has done 40K on the original clutch. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks guys, I think I will get it reduced to around 270lb I see if that makes much difference.

Does anyone recommend a amount I should reduce it to with standard running gear?

Edited by Hoss

My car is on 46k on the original clutch and running a remap, It's 182bhp and 277 lbs ft and I have no issue's with clutch slip, I read a lot about only giving WOT after 2k ish and dropping a gear or so when wishing to boot it to save the clutch, done around 7k on the map and not had any issues at all with it

Edited by Southy