Shark dealers in Peebles

Kenny. All Fabia vRS owners know that the MK 1 engine is exceptionally difficult to remap especially when the EGR delete has been carried out. You said that yourself......almost impossible I heard. Now in theory your car should of been on a dyno but as I had VCDS and could read the faults as they appeared it was a bonus. They are currently working on the map for your car as I type this so hopefully fingers crossed your EGR light fault will be history very soon.

The average remap time can vary from car to car so for having remapped your car 4 times and being in contact with Shark HQ all afternoon........5 hours isn't bad is it. Im glad my hospitality didnt go to waste though.

As Shark HQ stated they want to give you a map that is safe and within your engines capability and one that will stop the EGR coming on. They will not give you a map for pure performance thats going to destroy your engine.

I will keep you posted on the map developments and ask for you to bear with us as the map you're after isn't as straight forward as it seems.

Regards

Mark

BroTek

Edited by BroTek

This is the 1st time that Shark have custom mapped a MK1 vRS with EGR delete on it. Many threads all over the internet stating how difficult it is and this a Fabia not an Octavia. And they want to get it right so as not to jeopordise other components in the engine.

Yes it is. The problem is the EGR delete not the actual map. The fix has to be incorporated into the map in order for the light to stay off as this fault is now an MOT failure. So as its the 1st one they have encountered, a little more time has to be spent on it to get it perfect.

Kenny. All Fabia vRS owners know that the MK 1 engine is exceptionally difficult to remap especially when the EGR delete has been carried out. You said that yourself......almost impossible I heard. Now in theory your car should of been on a dyno but as I had VCDS and could read the faults as they appeared it was a bonus. They are currently working on the map for your car as I type this so hopefully fingers crossed your EGR light fault will be history very soon.

The average remap time can vary from car to car so for having remapped your car 4 times and being in contact with Shark HQ all afternoon........5 hours isn't bad is it. Im glad my hospitality didnt go to waste though.

As Shark HQ stated they want to give you a map that is safe and within your engines capability and one that will stop the EGR coming on. They will not give you a map for pure performance thats going to destroy your engine.

I will keep you posted on the map developments and ask for you to bear with us as the map you're after isn't as straight forward as it seems.

Regards

Mark

BroTek

You do make a decent cup of tea Mark.

Happy dayz. Thats Kennys Fabia vRS now remapped with custom map and EGR delete mod compensated for in the map so now has NO EML light on. Approx figures for the map are 171 perfect horsepower and a smooth 412Nm (303 Ib/ft).

• Like 1

Your more than welcome Alan. Cheers for the copious amounts of coffee. Your car is now on the BroTek FB page as we discussed earlier. Gimme a ring when your coming over for the detailing session. Thanks.

I cannot and will not promote my business on the forum as I do not pay for the privilge as of yet. I will be very shortly though as getting together some advertising. If you want to speak to me give me a phone please 07837 954862