octavia coil pack recall

Going by that then at best they would have done the 2 'G' coils. So would have had an unknown aftermarket one in there and an 'L'. I'm happy to have changed all 4 so they are all new and being Beru I doubt whoever VAG get to make the coils that they would be of a better quality then Beru.

Had all 4 coil packs replaced today. No questions or hassle. Took 45 minutes. One happy skoda customer. All done at skoda morecombe.

Good result! Did they clean your car for you?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just like to say thanks to the forum and member mluton for all the help.

I had the engine warning light come last week and it was flashing when driving, after reading the forum everything was pointing towards a faulty coil pack, so i contacted a member on here named mluton and he agreed to help me out and scan my car for me. It was coming back on the scan that there was a misfire on cylinder 4. He also told me to contact skoda as there was a replacement program for faulty coils, which i did. I waited for them to contact me back. After  2 days they hadn't contacted me back so i just assumed that the recall program had ended and was just going to try and get it fixed myself. I went to euro-parts and got a replacement coil pack and spark plug for just over £22 all in. I fitted the coil and plug and straight away the car was running normal again but the engine light was still on but not flashing this time, but the car was running back to normal. I assumed that i would need to have the car scanned again and just clear the codes, but after doing about 10 miles in the car the light went out and the car is back to normal. Happy man. On the third day after contacting skoda they got back in touch with me, to say that the program was still ongoing and should go to my local skoda dealer to have the all the coils replaced free of charge. I am booked in for next week, so i will have to UN-repair the car before i go back in, lucky i didn't throw the old coil pack away.

• Like 1

Just like to say thanks to the forum and member mluton for all the help.

I had the engine warning light come last week and it was flashing when driving, after reading the forum everything was pointing towards a faulty coil pack, so i contacted a member on here named mluton and he agreed to help me out and scan my car for me. It was coming back on the scan that there was a misfire on cylinder 4. He also told me to contact skoda as there was a replacement program for faulty coils, which i did. I waited for them to contact me back. After  2 days they hadn't contacted me back so i just assumed that the recall program had ended and was just going to try and get it fixed myself. I went to euro-parts and got a replacement coil pack and spark plug for just over £22 all in. I fitted the coil and plug and straight away the car was running normal again but the engine light was still on but not flashing this time, but the car was running back to normal. I assumed that i would need to have the car scanned again and just clear the codes, but after doing about 10 miles in the car the light went out and the car is back to normal. Happy man. On the third day after contacting skoda they got back in touch with me, to say that the program was still ongoing and should go to my local skoda dealer to have the all the coils replaced free of charge. I am booked in for next week, so i will have to UN-repair the car before i go back in, lucky i didn't throw the old coil pack away.

Glad you got it all sorted mate, get the new coils in then remove and sell, popping your purchased ones back in. Originals still go for a fair few quid on eBay.

If in need again, don't hesitate to drop me a bell.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...